corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nova XE vs Skyline

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nova XE vs Skyline
AK

User status: Offline
21st Nov 06 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been on track many times and not been going quick.

Cool down laps, brake fade, lots of circumstances.

Going on track doesnt mean FLAT OUT 100% of the time.

BUT.... he doesnt look to be cooling down or anything in the vid.
Ditch

21st Nov 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he wasnt cooling down or anything... you can see the puffs of smoke on gearchange etc.

that nova is quick... but give me a shot in each car and I bet I could lap faster in the skyline...

especially as it isnt my skyline, I would push it just as hard as a £50 nova
Ojc

21st Nov 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your a lovely lad Ditch.
Ditch

21st Nov 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk yourself ollie
Ojc

21st Nov 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon you have homosexual tendacies.
Novaneil

21st Nov 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quote:

"What is being demonstrated by that video (apart from driver skill differences) is the fact that a guy can take an 80's shopping car (One that in its standard form is frankly not spectactular ) and improve it in his own garage to such a degree that it is capable of out-performing a vehicle that has millions of pounds of development, and was designed and developed with performance at the very core of its being."

You've hit the Nail on the head DHDev!

Its all about making a car do something it was never designed to do. And when the results are as the Video shown here it makes it all worth while.

Neil
SteveW

21st Nov 06 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nova really has him under brakes
very very quick nova that.. and driver really knows what he is doing.

nice vid..
Daimo B

21st Nov 06 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence Adam, but you never looked at building your car properly at all, THATS why its cost you £20k..

Start if from new, your looking at £6k max really. A shell, brakes, suspension, and the major cost of the engine, which isn't gonna be above £4k if you'd have gone to the right places in the first place.

That nova looks good fun. Not a Skyline, but then the Skyline costs £50,000 new, the Corsa costs about £7k new.......

And its much more fun keeping up with a car like a Supra, Skyline, Evo etc in a poxy tin box corsa...

Each to their own, but I could build AK's car for under £6k, i'd go straight to the right places to have it done, not the local RR road tuner place..... Its not a dig AK, but your comparing £20ks worht of Corsa, which it isn't.....

Mines had a good £20k spent on it in total, but by the time i've done, again...... It's only really a £5k corsa... If that really.

Besides, if the Skyline is driven as hard as that nova, wonder who's going to ahve the cheaper repair bill if they loose control and hit the barrier?? £100 re-shall on a Nova, or a few grand on the skline. Nova will also be easier to swap the parts over.
AK

21st Nov 06 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo.

get to fuck.... the reason my car (corsa) has cost so much is beause its been through 3 engine, 2 shells etc. Not because 'never looked at building your car properly at all'. I dont think i've read anything so pompous in my life

I'll price up the car for you....

2000 V reg shell - 1000
F20 with Tran-x Diff -700
HiSpec 4 pots with mintex 1155's - 700 at least
Yoko 048R - 450
ProRace1 - 500
Seats - 400
harnesses - 300
cage - 500
suspension - 500

so your aprox 5k with a car with no engine, mounts, shafts... dumbass
AK

21st Nov 06 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine:

coscat head
headwork (ported/polished)
new block 87.5mm bore
SBD valve springs
SBD valve caps
SBD valve seats
SBD valve guides
SMD Cams
SBD Verniers
SBD/Omega Pistons
ARP Head Studs
ARP rod bolts
SBD Oil pump gear and PRV
Cometic HG
Jenvey DTH TB's
DTA ecu

so..... you'd be able to buy that lot up there for under 1k, map the ecu and have it all fitted (including Mtec shafts, mounts and HH hubs) for under 1k?

I'd actaully give you 1000 if you managed!
AK

21st Nov 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Each to their own, but I could build AK's car for under £6k, i'd go straight to the right places to have it done, not the local RR road tuner place.....

Daimo - you have no idea.... to build my car... to HAVE IT DONE as you say... most of your 6k budget would have gone on labour!!

Esp if you take it to a non 'local RR road tuner place'
Adam_B

21st Nov 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, talk about going off track what if what if what if! It doesnt matter, theres a video of a nova overtaking a skyline on a trackday, this is because the skyline wasnt being driven to its full potention, thats all imo.
Daimo B

21st Nov 06 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clearly you missed.....

"No offence Adam"

Someones touchey..... 3 replies in 1 quick blast... Hmmmm.

Yes, i think i could have. But thats what i think, so why does it bother you so much? My point is, you haven't spent £20k on that corsa, if you budget ONLY what you've spent on jsut doing it once, it would be far far cheaper than £20k......

And i'd have looked into the engine build a lot more. Your specs good, but its still not producing the power is it.........

SBD are good at selling stuff. Jsut ask Andy.. Doesn't mean it all works together.

Maybe it would cost a little more than £6k to build, but then i'd have done things differently to begin with, to make it quicker actually round the bends (as it is a track car) opposed to tuning the engine so much. That again isn't a dig, but looking at what you want from the car. But thats me.

Jesus f-ing nora.....

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by VXR]
Ditch

21st Nov 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
wow, talk about going off track what if what if what if! It doesnt matter, theres a video of a nova overtaking a skyline on a trackday, this is because the skyline wasnt being driven to its full potention, thats all imo.

Exactly... end of.
Ditch

21st Nov 06 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Clearly you missed.....

"No offence Adam"

Someones touchey..... 3 replies in 1 quick blast... Hmmmm.

Yes, i think i could have. But thats what i think, so why does it bother you so much? ]

Jeeeeesus VXR... I can feel the bitchiness pouring out of my monitor
AK

21st Nov 06 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo - i'm sorry, but you were the one who brought this up. I am a bit touchy about wasting 20k on a fucking corsa, yes! Who wouldnt be. Ofcourse it wouldnt have cost 20k+ if i hadnt have blown the 1st, 2nd and 3rd engine up on track BUT I DID!

Please, seriously, give me a run down of how you think my corsa can be built for 6k (or a little more than 6k). I'm genuinly interested in where you will find all these free parts, and folk willing to fit it for you for free.

and

how do you know how well my car goes round bends?

You dont know everything Damian.
Daimo B

21st Nov 06 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well im sorry if i hit a nerve, wasn't meant to be a dig as i've said a few times.

Im just saying, your corsa if built from the off wouldn't have cost £20k. It has done because of the amount of rebuilds and changes its had, i know.... As i say, mines cost me a good £20k over the years, but im not touchey about it, its just mistakes i've made. If i'd have build it right from the off, its current spec only stands it at £5k odd probably.... Thats my point. Your corsa isn't a £20k car.

I have "folk" who can help me, so I could yes. I haven't the time to sit here and write you a shopping list. If i ever get to the stage of going that mad on D4 for track (doubtfull) the i'll do you a spec then yeah. Probably 2008/9/10....

I know i don't know everything, its only ever you guys that tell me I think i do, stop whinging. It was a conversation.

PS, i know how to spell DamiEn though DamiAn is not my name, neither is DamiOn.

PSS, nope, i don't, but i know how a stripped out 2.0 16v TB Corsa handles on coilovers etc.... So its not going to be THAT different unless you have proper spec £2k suspension setups is it....

Have a joint, calm down. Jimmeh. Save a tree. No need to get arsey is there really?

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by VXR]
Kiddy_Corsa

21st Nov 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Originally posted by AK
if i hadnt have blown the 1st, 2nd and 3rd engine up on track BUT I DID!

Like it

Its only money! The nova beat the skyline,most likely down to the drivers.Who cares really,but i bet you wish you had spent that 20k on the skyline
johnhara1

21st Nov 06 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could buy a XE Corsa for £900 (my m8 did last month) and its healthy lol (5 door with a 1.2 badge on the back) then buy a LET for £1000 and bang it straight in. If you can do the work yourself then its a 200bhp corsa for under £2K
AK

21st Nov 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes.... of course DamiEn... you know 'how a stripped out 2.0 16v TB Corsa handles on coilovers'.

I have no delusions about the worth of my corsa. It wont even sell for 5k. The simple FACT is.... its wasted 20k of my money.... so i have spent 20k on it.

C'mon - it wont take you long to realise that you cant build my car for 6k. Give it a try!

AK

21st Nov 06 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
you could buy a XE Corsa for £900 (my m8 did last month) and its healthy lol (5 door with a 1.2 badge on the back) then buy a LET for £1000 and bang it straight in. If you can do the work yourself then its a 200bhp corsa for under £2K

quite.
Daimo B

21st Nov 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, i don't Adam... Im not going to argue

Give me £6k then and i'll do it. Currently, i can't even afford a set of buckets, so im not going to do it out of my own money.

This is going round in circles, you feel one way, i feel another, lets leave it at that as arguing isn't going to get either of us anywhere......
AK

21st Nov 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not asking you to go out and waste the 6k on parts...

show me, on here, how you think its possible. So far you have only said......You could do it for 6k, then a little more than 6k. How much is a little?

I just find it funny, and bit offsensive that you are trying to lecture me on MY car. Do you not think I would know its worth, the worth of the parts?! I may be stupid with money sometimes, but i'm pretty sure i've not paid 200% more for the same parts that you could get I'd go as far as saying most people (without industry contacts) would struggle to build my engine with your imaginary 6k.

And just to add a little weight to my last comment to Johnhara. 200bhp turbo 5 door with weak brake/suspension will not be good on a track.

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by AK]
Carl

21st Nov 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the nova is fast and that is quite impressive, but its a Track day not a proper race with a set level of driver skill and experience etc. There are so many variables.
johnhara1

21st Nov 06 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true so lets say another grand for decent suspension and brakes??

still only £3K

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nova XE vs Skyline 22 database queries in 0.1960001 seconds