corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » piano

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author piano
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Nov 06 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus is *thinking* about selling hers - thinks she wants somewhere in the region of £6500-£7000
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Nov 06 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a grand when I grow up. Currently got some synths and I'm after buying a Yamaha YDP to be going on with while I can't really go for a proper acoustic in the flat. Not the same though.
charcoalgrill

15th Nov 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grade 8 is the highest standard there is.
I got to grade 6:-)

Jodi, in my opinion if she wants to teach, it would be worth spending the money on it and not getting a cheapy one.

Personally i like the upright electric piano's, i could never afford one when i was learning.
Dom

16th Nov 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, what synths you got? The YDP's are pretty good, but not too fond of the keys actions/feel to be honest. Roland/Korg seem to have a better action.

But yea, a nice grand would be cool....if i had the money, a Bosendorfer 290 with the extra lower end octave (all black keys) though there around 150-200k
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Nov 06 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Korg N364 and a Roland JD800.

I played the YDP the other day and compared to a 'proper' Clavinova I couldn't tell the difference. I can live without extra voices etc. and perhaps the cases are a bit better acoustically? I'll be using headphones so thats not worth the extra cash.

Not sure what else I should look at against the YDP? There are stage pianos but I kind of liked the idea of having the pedals as part of the case rather than on a wire loose underneath.

Its certainly the worse looking
Dom

17th Nov 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo liking the Roland JD800, retro synth-wise, i only own a Roland Juno-6, but trying to buy a few more old analog stuff like a korg polysix and a Roland Jupiter 6/8, though the latter usually sells for the grand mark

Yeah, i've only had a little play on the YDP and didn't think they were hot compared to something like the Rolands RD series. But then again, each player has their own preference on what feels/plays the best to them.

I am on the hunt for a decent set of piano keys, just the controller really, as using synth-style keys (like on my current edirol midi controller) aren't the best for piano work, so will have to try out the YDP's again i think

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll