corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lowering advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lowering advice
andymunro11

User status: Offline
9th Nov 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone have advice on installing 50mm springs. ive done my fiesta on 40mm with no probs, but in the haynes manual for this car, its on about torque settings. how important is that? also is it totally essential to renew the nuts and bolts on the strut. cheers
Poot

9th Nov 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt renew any of the nuts/bolts on mine when I put jamex 60mm springs on, as for torque settings, I did mine to the torque of FT
andymunro11

9th Nov 06 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FT? is that the setting it gives at the specifications part of the chapter in the manual? is a torque setting wrench expensive? cheers
Poot

9th Nov 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, was a bit of a joke there, FT being fcuking tight But nah, I do have an old torque wrench here, but just did all the bolts up roughly as tight as they were when I undid them, then a little bit more to make sure...wouldn't have thought a torque wrench would be that expensive though
Dean_W

9th Nov 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FT = Fooking Tight.

You should really torque them up. A haynes manual will help.
andymunro11

9th Nov 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha cool, yeah thats what i did when i lowered my fiesta. was well easy, just got a bit put off when another guy said it could kill u if the shock shoots off!
andymunro11

9th Nov 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive got a manual, is it just a case of setting it to what it says in the manual?

New Poll