corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B lowering advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B lowering advice
boylers11

User status: Offline
13th Oct 06 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm finally getting around to lowering my corsa B! The only problem is, I dont know much about lowering! I've seen Corsas lowered 40mm front and back, 60mm front and back, or 60mm front and 40mm back, which looks quite cool i reckon. Its on 15's at the moment, with no plans of changing. Any advice on lowering combinations or products please? Any advice would be much appreciated! Cheers
JayT

13th Oct 06 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go 40 all round m8, 60 looks better but you hit all sorts of problems then, whether its scrpping underneath to rubbing on the arches! what offset are your wheels?
grogan

13th Oct 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 all round
Curtiz

13th Oct 06 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have ordered 60mm Spax coilovers so i can adjust if 60mm is too uncomfortable or too low. i recommend u get coilovers to, although they are expensive

(see 86coz of the site, if ur after coilovers) imo
boylers11

14th Oct 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, anyone got any pictures of the different suspension combinations please?
craig_brux

14th Oct 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres mine lowered 60 60 with a gmax kit, 195/45/15's, et40, i havnt had any probs with scraping/scrubbing apart from something scrapin huge speedbumps, (wheelwell or backbox or summit but not major)

and heres the same car with 40mm spax springs. I was dissapointed in the arch gap at the front!

Marc

15th Oct 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go 40mm all round. Save up for a decent kit like Koni or Spax. Don't just change the springs.
corsacrazygsi

15th Oct 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ma pal had his 2lt lowered 60mm on koni coilovers. with 16in speedlines looked cool. im going for the same look when i start doing my corsa want it as low as i can get
Gregor

15th Oct 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go 60mm , you shouldn't have any problems provided you have the right offset wheel.
Ste L

15th Oct 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60mm front, 80mm rear, nova springs and shocks, cant remember what make they are

boylers11

15th Oct 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the pics. I suppose a small drop on top quality gear is better than a big drop on shoddy stuff eh!
MikeE

16th Oct 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eibach sport line springs are highly rated on here, ive had mine on standard shock for 3days and ok its not perfect being on standard shocks but it handles so much better then say if it was on just 40mm gmax springs. spax kits are slightly better quality then g max if you are on a budget deffo go 60mm all round or u wont be happy.,
mattievRS

16th Oct 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got hold of nova front shocks and rear shocks and springs made by spax.Should have dropped the car 40mm front and back but as the corsa is heavier its more like 45 and it looks trick!

New Poll