corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Orange light / ignition light stays on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange light / ignition light stays on
amyspud

User status: Offline
27th Oct 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.0L 1997 Corsa Sting 57K miles. Had this car for about a year now and this time last year the ignition light (orange) would occasionaly come on when the car got hot. I changed the engine temp sensor and the light came on less frequently.
During the spring and summer the light has hardly come on - very occasionaly.
Two weeks ago (colder / damp) the light came on and does so nearly everytime I drive the car.
The car starts firsttime (instantly), runs beautifully, accelerates well (for a 1.0L), goes well at 75 - 80 mph, fuel economy excellent - what could this be.

I've sprayed EVERYTHING with wd40 in case it's damp on a connection - no change.

Any ideas anyone? I can;t do a paperclip test as the 1.0L model connector doesn't support this technique.

What else 'drives' this light.

Oh - just done a full service oil, etc etc.

Doesn't leak or burn oil.

Ideas?
paulc

User status: Offline
27th Oct 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi fellow 1.0l owner , im gutted to ehar you cant do the paper clip test , used it loads on my vectra,s

SO you have a EML , ( Engine managemant light) on your dash ,
IF we cant do a paperclip test then go find a good side street garage who can plug in and tell youthe fault code as it will be stored , once youknow the fault , go but new sensor and fit , sorted

New Poll