corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lexus light have sent my car crazy!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lexus light have sent my car crazy!
The squire

User status: Offline
17th Oct 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I recently fitted lexus lights to my corsa B. Only problem is that they have sent the electrics mad! During the day, the top light works as a brake light but once i turn the lights on at night, the top light becomes my tail light and i have no brake light at all!! the bottom light, which should be my brake light i think, never light up at all!! (Bulbs are all working by the way)

Also, Heres the funny bit.... At night when the lights are turned on, i press my brake pedal and turn off the ignition, AND THE CAR STAYS RUNNING! I can even take out the key, and the car keeps running until i take my foot off the brake! And if the car is turned off and i put my foot on the brake the dash light seem to work as brake lights!! So does the stereo!!

LOL, obviously the lexus light are messing with the wiring, does anyone have a solution? I think that if take out the six plugs going into the main light attatchment plug, and rearrange them, then this will probably solve it. But can anyone fill me in more before i go out and start messing with them?

Thanks!

vesko_m

18th Oct 04 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need twin fillament bulbs. might look as well here:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=111472
Richie

18th Oct 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what type lexus lights do you have mate?
RichR
Premium Member

18th Oct 04 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above the top bulb should bea twin filament bulb - when ur lights are on one filament is the tail lights - and the second filament in the bulb is ur brake light - essentially when u brake - the bulb glows brighter
Richie

18th Oct 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

however if ur lexus lights are like these:

you are supposed to switch two wires round for them to work properly.
Joff

21st Oct 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen this happen before with tail lights that come with a new wiring loom.broster

Even with twin filament bulbs and the correct indicator bulbs, they seem to play havoc with the rest of the wiring!

New Poll