corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket?
kezza

User status: Offline
21st Oct 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates corsa is leaking oil from around where the haed gasket is, does this mean its gone or on its way out?
when she bought the car the bloke told her that its been like it for 2 years and you just have to keep topping the oil up.
I think she was ripped off.....

or maybe its something else thats wrong? any help would be excellent.
cheers

its a N reg Gls ( I think )
Will_Sport

21st Oct 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a warped head.

you could:
1) take head off, get it skimmed, new gasket and head bolts etc, get it slapped back on.
2) be safe and get a new head (or decent second hand one), get it skimmed just to be safe, new gaskets and bolts and slap that on.
3) get a whole new engine and just chuck that in, probably wouldn't cost much seeing how much some go for (obv fitting costs can ruin that idea though)
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Oct 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you mean rocker cover gasket?
csweatherston

21st Oct 06 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sump gasket?
kezza

23rd Oct 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its definatly not the sump gasket but i think it could be the rocker cover gasket thinking about it. because it wouldnt make sense that the bloke she bought it off was driving it for 2 years with a knackered head gasket.

Whats involved in changing the rocker cover gasket?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Oct 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 new gaskets and 30 mins labour
kezza

23rd Oct 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that doesnt sound to bad cheers for you help.

New Poll