corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New house, new garden project and a bit of decorating :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New house, new garden project and a bit of decorating :D
Melville

User status: Offline
25th Sep 06 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have posted it about 10 posts up

[Edited on 25-09-2006 by Melville]
drunkenfool

25th Sep 06 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i did. ah well
Daimo B

27th Sep 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top potato, that ebay links the nuts, missis really likes those, jsut got to find one we both like and will go in our rooms now.

[Edited on 27-09-2006 by VXR]
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny this thread was just topped, im upload the latest pics now
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hired a breaker to smash up the conrete that was up the top part of the garden and got rid of all of that (hard work but good fun )

Photo taken from where top pool will be, looking down the stream to the bottom koi pond...

The new part of the garden we've created with all the earth we dug out It used to end by the wooden post on the right and was just a drop down to an overgrown part that the previous owners never did anything with.

Got a water meter so i know exactly how much is in there (useful for future water treatments etc plus just nice to know )

and started filling it with water

Im putting in dechlorination stuff bit by bit, ran the pump in a bucket with pond water through the filters and put in the bacteria boost, now the pump is in the pond just circulating the water around and im gonna hook up the filters this evening, then a trip back to Hereford after my first day of lectures at uni this year to start getting the fish
mwg

27th Sep 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise how deep it was till now I've seen the step ladders in it

Pretty big pond!
Simon

27th Sep 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the top pool not get completely filled with leaves and stuff being there? Or is that not a problem?
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

over the pool itself its quite a lot clearer, the stream will be the worst bit, but ive bought some green plastic mesh netting with 20mm square holeswhich im gonna put up somewhere to stop them all falling in. Had to take a break for a bit cos its pissing it down
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked - 2,000 litres in there so far. Starting to look more like a pond than a hole
GT4Brody

27th Sep 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You truly are a legend, like the touch of the sleepers on the exposed side. I have recently bought a 3 bed semi that needs a fair bit of work doing to it. starting properly next week, installing bathroom and block paved drive(with assistance of builder mates) and thats just the for starters. Might put a new central heating system in as i did in my flat, gotta redecorate every room. Is quite daunting at the mo as there is so much to do but once you get stuck into it its actually quite fun and its a real achievment when its finished.
I will be building a pond in my garden too prob a raised one from sleepers(not on the sacle of yours) and landscaping garden+building 20x10 foot shed/workshop.
Fairplay to your hard work and patience keep us updated with the pics...
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GT4Brody
You truly are a legend, like the touch of the sleepers on the exposed side. I have recently bought a 3 bed semi that needs a fair bit of work doing to it. starting properly next week, installing bathroom and block paved drive(with assistance of builder mates) and thats just the for starters. Might put a new central heating system in as i did in my flat, gotta redecorate every room. Is quite daunting at the mo as there is so much to do but once you get stuck into it its actually quite fun and its a real achievment when its finished.
I will be building a pond in my garden too prob a raised one from sleepers(not on the sacle of yours) and landscaping garden+building 20x10 foot shed/workshop.
Fairplay to your hard work and patience keep us updated with the pics...

Ditto mate, keep us updated with yours! Yeah it is really good fun, bit harder when you are living in the building site though Would be nice to just start from top to bottom and get everything 100% sorted then move in, but as i said i start uni again tomorrow so time wasnt on our side. I can see it being at least a month till the whole house is sorted, if not more, but its definately gonna be worth it. One of the best student houses in aber hopefully with a bit more hard work
Forever_Hatter

27th Sep 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving it fella

Bet you cant wait for the parimeters right with the filters running etc and get them fish in

just in time for a good bit of feeding before winter time to get them big and strong. Cant wait to see it all done.

Koi forum pretty good aye
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Forever_Hatter
loving it fella

Bet you cant wait for the parimeters right with the filters running etc and get them fish in

just in time for a good bit of feeding before winter time to get them big and strong. Cant wait to see it all done.

Koi forum pretty good aye

Yeah it is, cheers for the link mate One of the guys on there offered to give me some of the plants from his pond for me to put in my top pool, which is nice Ive filled it up with 4,500 litres of tap water for now and the right amount of dechlorinator, let it pump around for an hour then put in the filters. Gonna sort the top of the liner out fixing it in properly, then top it up and head back to hereford to get the first of the fish. Theres two filters here running in parallel off the 15,000 lph pump, and only one left in hereford now, so im gonna have to bring up quite a few i think and just keep an eye on the water quality over the next few weeks, doing partial changes if necessary.
Start back at uni at 9am tomorrow so its gonna be a busy day! Plus another 9am class on friday Least ill have some fish up here, then Pendulum are playing at night, result
--Dave--
Banned

27th Sep 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought it was more shallow than that!! didn't realise how deep it was, must of taken a fair while to dig!

Stream will look awesome when done i think

Robin
Premium Member

27th Sep 06 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ Matt

thats VERY deep. looking good
Robbo

27th Sep 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mathieu you ledge

Those pic things form ebay... do they coem on frames or not?
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine came on solid pieces of wood/mdf type stuff
mav

27th Sep 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy fook it's a swimming pool.......

top work mate
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

thought it was more shallow than that!! didn't realise how deep it was, must of taken a fair while to dig!

Stream will look awesome when done i think

Yup, took me and my mate about 5 days, its hard to see from that pic i put from the new area of the garden, but there was a serious amount of earth shifted (the old fashion way with spades, pick axe, sledge hammer for the bits where the builders left loads of bricks and cement underground and a wheel barrow ) It's prob just under a metre deep and now goes out a fair way into the part that was overgrown, either gonna put the picnic bench out there and pave it, or possible a BBQ pit or something. Just got a hammoc there in the meantime though
drunkenfool

27th Sep 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4,500 litres comes up to here...

Gonna have to make the 160 mile round trip again tomorrow to start getting the fish, only went back yesterday for pump and filters Uni all morning too, and 9am class friday, gonna be a hectic day so im heading off to sleep now. Will be sure to keep it updated though
boyracer2002

28th Sep 06 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOVE that
MarkM

28th Sep 06 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep us updated...love these threads...

Great work
corsa5dr

28th Sep 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you find that chocolate colour paint? I cant find it in any Dulux or Crown catalogues? Did you mix it yourself?
WATSON

28th Sep 06 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the names of the 2 paints you done your room in mate

Love them colours
drunkenfool

28th Sep 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had it mixed myself mate, the darker one is espresso delight 1 and the lighter one is espresso delight 4, just one of those dulux colour card things After a morning of lectures i drove back to hereford to pick up some of the fish and just got back here, they are in bags in the pond getting the temperature right, ill let them into their new home in about half an hour One of them got hurt though He got the barb of his anal fin caught in the net (even though its a special koi handling net) and lost a few scales struggling about so im gonna have to keep an eye on him, looks ok though otherwise.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll