corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How hard is an engine rebuild

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How hard is an engine rebuild
Basscrazy

User status: Offline
6th Aug 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok in theory if all goes well in next two week my car will be back

and i will have my old 1.6 engine in which is well needs a rebuild lol

i was wanting to rebuild and then drop it in later so like having brand new engine in

How hard is it to rebuild an engine as i really want to learn a bit about engines whilse i go along

is a rebuild a case of if your not a mechanic you dont have a chance in hell?

i realy wanna learn more about cars every time i go to j1oorsas garage all the different conversions etc going on and bottom ends etc really interest me so thought i would see if its possible to learn by practise doing a rebuild

bit long i know but cheers
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

6th Aug 06 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebuild isn't too tricky, just make sure you take your time over it. can't afford to make mistakes!! follow the haynes manual and you'll be fine

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Warren G

6th Aug 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not hard, just take your time, and if you aint worked on one before torque every thing up (i have torque settings if you need) and remember where every thing goes dont want a load of bolts at the end of it
Basscrazy

6th Aug 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah so its one of these things done bit by bit can be learnt then?

i have loads of room in cellar to do it so would be ideal

does it matter its not mega dry down there like a normal room?
Warren G

6th Aug 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just make sure you don't get grit/dirt on any parts, and lay the bolts out how they come out, how far of a rebuild are you talking? if you say its time of a rebuild what do you mean?
Basscrazy

6th Aug 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine in now needs a rbuild guarenteed

im having another one put in but wanted to rebuild this one so i can have a blinder dropped in later

what kind of costs do just the parts for a rebuild cost?
Warren G

6th Aug 06 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is with a nacked engine is that say the shells were knackered, it is more than likey that something else is worn, for example a corsa (1.6 ) come in to work, removed the head to find a valves melted on to the piston???, but rather than replaceing a piston and the head we put a new engine in, manley because you no once its rebuild there will be another problem you didn't spot. and if you haveing another engine put in, its abit much to take it back out again isn't it?

But if you do want to rebuild, genuine vauxhall parts are to expensive, to me (cost + 10%) will get me a cambelt kit and head gasket kit. unless your headgaskets gone there is no need for a rebuild really, so you could just take apart to learn??

New Poll