corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crash
Charlene

User status: Offline
17th Apr 06 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just crashed tonight, was driving 30mph this jeep pulls out of me, drives quite fast, he just slams on his brakes because he see his mate on other side of road, then i put mine straight on but i went into the back of him, everyone says the car is a write off

he is trying to get his mate to say he indicated into the side when he werent no where near the kurb, the police measure the skid and said i was far enough behind him and that it shows i was going just under 30mph but everyone keeps saying i will get the blame is that true?
Haimsey
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bugger, your ok though?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Charlene

17th Apr 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea im fine and my other two mates are, necks hurting and back though but no point claiming whiplash, its the lads dads car though so i dunno if he is insured on it

what happens if i get the blame will my insure pay out? im just in shock and confused at the minute
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky Charlene

Unfortunatley in a lot of cases the person that goes up the back is blamed for the accident...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Pop

17th Apr 06 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you were driving someone elses car?
rustyarchs

17th Apr 06 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

claim whiplash,, be the poor wee inocent girlie card and youl be fine
Charlene

17th Apr 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i wasnt driving someone elses car he was driving his dads so im not sure if he was insured as he was going to drive off!!
Pop

17th Apr 06 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok .. cleared that up ... guess you'll have to see what the insurance say
Charlene

17th Apr 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Unlucky Charlene

Unfortunatley in a lot of cases the person that goes up the back is blamed for the accident...

i know everyone is telling me this, the lad even said looks like ive got away with this

His car is fine no marks or anything as its a jeep thing but mine is tottally wrecked, think the radiator is fucked as oil and everything was going all over
Andrew

17th Apr 06 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Main thing is that you and your mates are ok. Can always get another motor.

A taxi went into the back of me Dad's car once. Insurance blaimed the Taxi driver. Was no Police on the scene though.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you drive? Saxo?

Not the best car to have a prang in... Jeeps are usually quite sturdy I know someone that drove a Defender OVER an MX5. Not a scratch on the Defender

The police attend? Didn't they give you any advice?

X 60RSA

17th Apr 06 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not good

It often comes out that the person behind in an accident who hits someone infront of them is at fault.

Its a bit crap in your case because you never expected him to slam on his anchors, catches you unaware, before ya can say 'oh no' it's too late!

Could be a tough case if your saying hes going to get his mate to sort of lie. If you were with other people and they know the truth, do the best you can to sort it in your favour.

Nismo

hope your ok and everything works out for you.
Charlene

yea a saxo, i undestand now when people say they smash u easily

yea i rang them because the lad was trying to drive off! He rang his mates and they all come, he was telling them all the story to say to the police!

They just said they would measure the skid marks and said it would go in my favour because of skid marks but it depends on insurance company, im just proper confused on what to do now
Charlene

17th Apr 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a few witness whos heard him tell the others the story to say, but ya never know how the insurance goes.

What happens if i was to get blamed and my car was a write off, would i not get paid out or anything?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Apr 06 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone your insurance company in the morning

The police gove you a reference number? Statement Number? Give them that and leave them to it..

Andrew

17th Apr 06 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just have to see what they say Charlene
Charlene

17th Apr 06 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, we both got a producer though, although the police did give me their names and said the insurane company can ring them up and ask them
Andrew

17th Apr 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlene
i have a few witness whos heard him tell the others the story to say, but ya never know how the insurance goes.

What happens if i was to get blamed and my car was a write off, would i not get paid out or anything?

If it's fully comp the insurance will pay out the book value of your car minus any excess,
X 60RSA

17th Apr 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your fully comp even if its your fault you'll get paid out, as long as its proven u were driving as you should be, on the speed limit or under, not like a c**k.......blahh blahh blah.......sure you will get paid out......

Don't worry about it, there is nothing you can do now......its over and done with.

Get some alcohol down ya! lol

[Edited on 17-04-2006 by X 60RSA]
Charlene

17th Apr 06 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats sort of ok then, just hope its sorted asap i need a car for work etc, it narks me off because it was just around the corner from my house and thats where we were going!

I cant drink i just feel sick and my neck hurts
X 60RSA

18th Apr 06 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will ease the pain, trust me lol

It always pisses you off, i rolled my car 2yrs ago, which was my fault.........driving like a c**K..........but my parents were just happy i was alive!

Just about learnt my lesson now.

I rolled my car just down te road from where i live and this particular bend i went rolling on, i'd been around everyday several times for 21years!

Just chill!
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THink im just going to go to bed now enough though i know i wont sleep
Jake

18th Apr 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above really, i was driving like a cock after having my car for 3 weeks, span out and done quite abit of damage to the car. Fucked me up financially.

Do whatever you can make sure he gets the blame. Will do yourself a massive favour.
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THing is though i know fine well its his fault but he keeps adding bit in that he thinks of to make it seem my fault, he shouldnt of jusrt slammed on his brakes because he wanted to talk to his mate, i could see if he done it because someone ran out in front but he never!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crash 23 database queries in 0.0987659 seconds