corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crash
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
18th Apr 06 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlene
THing is though i know fine well its his fault but he keeps adding bit in that he thinks of to make it seem my fault, he shouldnt of jusrt slammed on his brakes because he wanted to talk to his mate, i could see if he done it because someone ran out in front but he never!

Tell all this to your insurance company, if you have witnesses they might be able to help. Don't try to worry bout it.

It could end up going on like this for ages. Just give all your details to your insurance company, its what they are partly there for, to sort all this shite out!
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive told them now they have to get back in touch, i hope it doesnt drag on for ages, i need a car
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more sugggestions
Nismo

18th Apr 06 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at going througha Vehicle Accident Managment company , these are like 3rd party companys that deal with all the claim and sort your car and you out and charge it all to the other partys insurance company.

I did this when i had a accident as it was in dispute of whos fault it was and i never paid anything and they sorted it all out for me , never cost me anything and i kept my NCB.
Marc

18th Apr 06 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully the Police will back you up to your insurance company. Unfortunatly it can take month's to sort out a claim. Good luck!

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by Flat4]
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just dunno what to do, its all doing my head in now! I rang insurance company and they asked if i accepted fault but i said no which i nver, i dunno where it all goes from there, they said green flag will pick it up from where it and see where they can take it, so hopefully should get a courtesy car
Ry_B
Banned

18th Apr 06 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah gutted

I was only speaking to you yesterday about your driving

Main thing is you're OK though. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise as you were looking at a new motor?
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe, but now i loose my year no claims and it will put up my insurance so probbably wont get insured of anything with a bigger engine now
Edd

18th Apr 06 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the police are on your side that isnt too bad, just keep in touch with the insurance company

also remember if the car is a write off no courtesy car will be supplied
Tom

18th Apr 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate

Glad your ok, wouldn't worry too much about it, just tell your side and hopefully it'll all get sorted quickly
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It may of just looked worse to me and it might not be a right off but all sorts of stuff was pissing out of it on the road

How come you dont get a courtesy car if it is written off, what happens then?
Edd

18th Apr 06 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read your policy if your car is a write off or is stolen no courtesy car will be provided
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh well jsut hope it aint a write off now
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your will get the blame for this guaranteed, they will say you should have been further back and paying attention, what would happen if he had to slam his brakes on for a legit reason? like an animal or sumthing running out
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea im thinking i will after everyone i saying this, but like the police said to me what if it was a child and he slammed on his brakes, i said i know i would of knew why he did it, but you dont slam on ya brakes just because you wanna stop to talk to your mate on other side of the road, hopefully the skid marks will prove i was far enough back
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously you werent if you went into the back of him
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i was, i know fine well i was but by the time the brakes stopped i was in the back of him
Laura_1.416v

18th Apr 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you went into the back of him then you're not gonna get off it. It maybe will go a split claim rather than all one or the others fault but either way you lose your ncb.
The best you can do is either hope your insurance company has a decent legal team or instruct your own solicitor & if you and your passengers are suffering whiplash get to the hospital or gp's as you need to act fast if you want to claim for injuries. If it proves the accident was your fault (or even partly your fault) then you can't claim for yours but your passengers can & most importantly they can claim for treatment if they need it cos trust me, whiplash isn't nice & can last a long time. I'm still suffering now after an accident where someone ran up the back of me this time last year!!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlene
yea i was, i know fine well i was but by the time the brakes stopped i was in the back of him

are you being stupid if you didnt have time to stop then you were too close
the theory is you should always leave enough room to stop in any eventuality, if you go into the back of someone then you were driving too close to stop, otherwise you would have stopped in time

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by Steve]
Paul_J

18th Apr 06 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry it is your Fault!

You should've of left sufficient space for yourself to stop. End of.

Ok he stopped to talk to his mate, but could of slammed on the breaks if a child had run out in the road or a dog.

In either case you would of hit the back of him. More likely you were chatting with your mate, music blearing, etc - and he put breaks on hard. You noticed too late and then couldn't stop in time.

YOUR FAULT - END OF.
sparky.

18th Apr 06 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you get this sorted out in the best and stress-free way
TNM

18th Apr 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

without seeing pics, speed of both cars, road surface, road conditions, weather and condition of both cars it is impossible for members of a forum to say whos fault it was.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying its anyones fault im simply saying she obviously wasnt far enough back to stop in time, the fact she actually couldnt stop and hit him is pretty good evidence of this i feel

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by Steve]
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il just have to see the outcome of it all, the lad has had two crashes already and only been driving a few months!

I didnt notice too late as the lengths of the skids mark prove this
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you may not have noticed too late, but you must have been travelling too close

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crash 22 database queries in 0.0975518 seconds