corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crash
mike16v

User status: Offline
18th Apr 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

skid marks prove u locked the brakes, not the quickest way of stopping....
Charlene

I wouldnt say i was, even the police say from the skid marks, its shows i had enough distance
Charlene

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v

Well my reaction as soon as seeing it was to brake to try and stop!
sparky.

18th Apr 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you done the right thing charlene

just keep it cool
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlene
I wouldnt say i was, even the police say from the skid marks, its shows i had enough distance

OMFG i cant believe your even arguing this, if you werent too close you wouldnt have hit him would you ffs
im not arguing whos right or wrong im not fussed TBH, what I am contesting is you stating you were far enough behind him

let me put this simply

If you were leaving a big enough to gap to stop in emergency then you wouldnt have hit him would you?

As you did hit him it clearly shows you were not travelling at far enough distance to stop in an emergency.

The fact of wether it was an emergency situation is irrelevant, he stopped you couldnt stop in time, simple, end of dispute

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by Steve]
Lynny

18th Apr 06 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with steve. if you had enough distance you would have stopped. you went into back of him, your fault. almost as funny as the guy who went into back of me last month and tried to claim it was my fault. i was stationary at a roundabout as traffic was coming round, he was approaching at 60, wasnt prepared to stop, big skid and went into me
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i can see why it was his fault lynny but he wasnt stationary he just braked to talk to his mate on other side of road
mike16v

18th Apr 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mike16v

Well my reaction as soon as seeing it was to brake to try and stop!

i know what u mean, its every1s reaction to stamp on the brakes, but just pointing out that skids dont stop u quickly thats all
Lynny

18th Apr 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im quite confused by the what happened, but end of day if you go into back of someone it is automatically your fault - should have more distance. I'll admit iv had few near misses as i drive too close, but have learnt from this and now back off a bit after crash.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yea i can see why it was his fault lynny but he wasnt stationary he just braked to talk to his mate on other side of road

you need to understand that the fact he stopped to talk to his mate is not relevant, you dont drive around whats going on behind you. Yes stopping just to talk to his mate was pretty silly, but it is YOUR responsilibity to drive to whats happening ahead of you
Lynny

18th Apr 06 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if he stopped for some other reason? something ran infront of the car or he was having a heart attack and you went into back of him then? end of day whatever his reason for stopping, you should always be aware of what MIGHT happen, hence hazard perception test and bans on mobiles etc when driving which distract concentration
Rob_Corsa

18th Apr 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was very stupid of him to stop to talk to his mate but as said it really is irrelevant.
Unfortunately if you ran into the back of him then its your fault. If he had pulled out in front of you and you had instantly hit the back of him then that would be different.
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would of seen the reason why he stopped if it was one of the reasons like someone ran out infront or he was having a heart attack but not to stop to talk to your mate in middle of road!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you could have seen him have a heart attack ? cmon there are many reasons why someone would stop where you wouldnt see or know and have to rely on distance left and reactions alone

Lynny

18th Apr 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mean i would of seen him have one but if it was in the circumstance that he had to slam his brakes on for having a heart attack then i would of knew the reason why he done but ya sstill dont do it just to talk to your mates, if he gets away with it then does that mean we can all go around braking suddenly to stop to talk to our mates and then say its the person behinds fault
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

believe it or not, some people (i have heard a lot of the asian community doing this) buy shitters, then insure them and drive about, purposly slam on there brakes so the person behind goes into the back and claim the insurance.

if you go into the back of someone 99% of the time you will have to take blame, as previously said by myself and others, the insurance see it that you should always leave a large enough gap to stop in ANY event, wether it be stopping for mates or stopping for a child, without hitting them. And if you were following set guidelines set by the highway code for stopping distances you wouldnt have hit him.

Now we all know that noone abides by this 100% of the time, but unfortunatly the insurance see this as how you should be driving 100% of the time.

Lynny

18th Apr 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was about to post this ^^^
Rob_Corsa

18th Apr 06 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
believe it or not, some people (i have heard a lot of the asian community doing this) buy shitters, then insure them and drive about, purposly slam on there brakes so the person behind goes into the back and claim the insurance.

if you go into the back of someone 99% of the time you will have to take blame, as previously said by myself and others, the insurance see it that you should always leave a large enough gap to stop in any event without hitting them

.....the moral of the story is Expect the Unexpected!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good moral
Lynny

18th Apr 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

if you go into the back of someone 99% of the time you will have to take blame, as previously said by myself and others, the insurance see it that you should always leave a large enough gap to stop in any event without hitting them

.....the moral of the story is Expect the Unexpected!

exactly, on the roads anything could happen! i realised this on monday when my tyre burst
silver_V179GNA

18th Apr 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just heard about this by a mate on msn hope it works out ok
Charlene

18th Apr 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh well il just have to see, he aint claiming though as he has no damage as he had a mistubisti (sp) L200

Everyone has heard about it around Darlo, as he rang his mates to come and have a look and laugh
Rob_Corsa

18th Apr 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a right cock. Hope ya get it sorted quickly.

Maybe a blessing in disguise, if your saxo is written off you could use the payout to buy a Corsa!
silver_V179GNA

18th Apr 06 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Everyone has heard about it around Darlo, as he rang his mates to come and have a look and laugh

he sounds mint was this at morton park?... i heard it from funky who was parked next to or sommet... you know alot of my mates but i dont no you

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crash 22 database queries in 0.1880910 seconds