corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Best place to insert an in-line fuse

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best place to insert an in-line fuse
PhilC

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 06 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Got my amp today. Never installed one before, but all seemed pretty straight forward. Just got the + to connect and it should be working. Before I do that, I have to put the fuse in place...

Does it matter how close the fuse is to the battery? I'd ideally like to put it in the boot, so it's easy to get to and won't be easily damaged by passengers standing on it! Would it be better closer to the battery?

Cheers,

Phil.
Planty02

23rd Mar 06 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive heard that its better as close to the battery as possible - my wiring kit came with an inline fuse already in. This is quite close to the battery and tucks away nicely in the engine bay
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

23rd Mar 06 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got mine ontop of the battery, you should have it as close to the battery as you can.
b4l

24th Mar 06 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definately between 1-3 inches of wire away from the battery
mikeySR

24th Mar 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be within 18" of the battery terminal. Preferably closer.
Rob_Corsa

24th Mar 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason for this fuse is to protect against the wire shorting against the car body on the way to the back of the car. As said it should be as close to battery as possible to prevent any unfused part touching earth.
punkymt1

25th Mar 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's better to be as close as possible to battery and it shouldn't be messy if you fit it in a nice fuse holder

New Poll