corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Neons in the footwells

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Neons in the footwells
Noonster

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all my girlfriend want to to get blue neons in the footwell. I know these need to wired to the interior lights, so that when you open the doors or turn the interior lights on they come on.

Can somebody please tell me how to do this??

Thanks
Fear

22nd Jul 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i remember rightly there is a tutorial in the tutorial and FAQs section!!!!!!
Noonster

22nd Jul 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have checked there first but Im new so let me off.... hehe
kenyon

23rd Jul 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its better if u wire them into the cig lighter and then put a swith on the so the come on with the engine and then u can turn them on/off with the switch
Noonster

23rd Jul 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CheekyCorsa - Looked in the FAQ's and it tells you how to make them come on when the engines on, but I want them to come on when the doors open or the interior lights on. Any Ideas??

Kenyon - That sounds well good mate would love to have a switch, that way im guessing I could turn them on/off even when the engines not runnig??
Also can you tell me how I would go about adding a switch??
Fear

23rd Jul 03 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want them to run off the interior light so only come on when the door is opened thn you will have to find the wires that go to the interior light which will be tricky!!!!!

If you want them to run off the battery like many peoples including mine its well easy!!!!

Either chop a live wire into the cigerette lighter live, put a switch on that live and then earth the neons and it will work anytime you flick the switch.

Or what i have done cuz i have many neons, is run a wire from the battery into the car(permanent live) and then same as above switch and earth oh yeh and to save the neons from any overloading put an in line fuse in the wire from the battery!!!!

Sorry if thats abit confusing, but if you understand it hope it has helped, if you have any more questions let me know!!!!!
Vaux-MD

23rd Jul 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

OK this is easy. Look up the interior light in the Haynes manual and look for the wire colour coming from the switch. this is the switch in the door jam, remove the foot kick panels and find the wire, this isn't difficult as a Corsa is still basically a Nova in disgise this is 0 volts. find either a permenant 12 volts or ignition 12 volts as you want and there you go.

It will now light up when the doors are opened. One last thing tho, driving around with blue neon in your car is just asking to be stopped. Also please mount them up inside the dash as exposed tubes is just so crap.
Noonster

23rd Jul 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically your saying not point in getting it to work with the interior lights, I mayas well wire them to the batery and then to a switch which is easy.

Thats makes sence to me, so thats what I will do, I have read the faq's and Im happy with the wireing to the battery, but dont wanna do the bit with the fuse box, if I install a switch do I still need to use the fuse box??

Where can I get the switch??
Noonster

23rd Jul 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vaux-MD - I dont wanna drive around with them on thats why I didn't want them to be on when I started the car I just wanted them to light up when the doors open, or the interior lights on.

However I do like the idea of a switch, but not sure how to do it, Im new to the modding scene as you probably know.

Will remember to hide them well so they dont look crap
Fear

24th Jul 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Noonster19
Basically your saying not point in getting it to work with the interior lights, I mayas well wire them to the batery and then to a switch which is easy.

Thats makes sence to me, so thats what I will do, I have read the faq's and Im happy with the wireing to the battery, but dont wanna do the bit with the fuse box, if I install a switch do I still need to use the fuse box??

Where can I get the switch??

Dont bother wiring through the fuse box its a waste of time, get yourself down to a Auto accessories place and they should be able to sell you an in line fuse which you use for the wire from the battery, so the neons have their own fuse, plus so much easier to do

As for the switch a Auto Accessories place can sell you one on them aswell or a electrical shop will have a wider range and probably better looking ones to

Hope it helps anymore questions feel free

New Poll