corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » boot pop wiring.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boot pop wiring.....
JUGGA

User status: Offline
   3rd Sep 05 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my boot pop all setup but when i disconnected it for a couple of months for some reason...

now when i goto hook i back up again the boot pop goes mad working all the time. i used to have it hooked to my rear wiper motor but even with the wiper arm on or off the boot pop keeps working.

110% sure im using the exact same wires as there the only ones available anyway, so what am i doing wrong? why does it work all the time? anyone tell me what wires/colour wires there using?

using boot solinoid from corsacentre
JUGGA

3rd Sep 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone???
JUGGA

4th Sep 05 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
M333KS D

4th Sep 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well with my boot pop, i just ran 1 cable to a switch from batt. then from switch to boot pop, then i just connected the grnd cable to a bolt in the boot lid, this i find is the most simple way. i know that you are doing this in effect with you rear wiper switch, but i may have damaged it when you dissconected-re-connected it. it seems to me like the switch is fooked and you have just got a permanent feed running straight through the switch, i would change it. (hope thats not too confusin)
Ally

4th Sep 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its activated all the time then test the wires for current, if there is constant current then the wiper switch is fucked and will need replacing.
JUGGA

4th Sep 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, i have a spare stalk so i will try that, if i still get the same problem then what? could it be the relay?

M333KS D, did you not put a fuse in the live line? because i have a sort of boot pop button but if i need a fuse or even a relay in the line how do i do this?

cheers
JUGGA

4th Sep 05 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive changed the switch and its on constantly still. no matter what, im using the only 2 available wires with the right connectors on to attach to solinoid as i did before, cant get my head around it, pi55ing me off. thank f8ck im selling this car soon, get away from vauxhalls.

so anyone have any other theory as to what it could be?
JUGGA

4th Sep 05 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
J200RSA

4th Sep 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a boot popper an they are a headache @ times, but mine is set up the same as M333KS D, its a lot easier 2 do like that and i'm currently using a switch instead of a button cos its easier 2 pop, if i wor u i'd do the same an leave the wiper alone m8, but its up 2 u
JUGGA

4th Sep 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate,

ok right, i fed a wire from the battery direct, to my button switch, i then fed that to the popper then ground to switch then to popper, and once again it stays on constantly...... i had 2 poppers but ive burnt one out already leaving it on for like 2 mins.
J200RSA

4th Sep 05 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u fused it m8?
J200RSA

4th Sep 05 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is a wire frm the boot to a fuse to a switch then another wire from the switch 2 the battery an thats workin wiv me m8? urs wired up like that? if not try it an tell me how it goes, fingers crossed it should
JUGGA

4th Sep 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no fuse in it, how do i go about mounting a fuse in the thign wire? lol.....
J200RSA

4th Sep 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd m8
JUGGA

5th Sep 05 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ive done what a few of you have said now...

straight wire from the battery with fuse. tried it straigh tto a button and straight to a switch type unit then from that to the popper, then ground to the switch then switch to the popper and it still goes crazy like a sub machine gun firing 100000 rounds a second.

confused
J200RSA

5th Sep 05 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh? summat wrong there m8 an i don't kno wot, soz i don't think i can help, hope u fix it m8 :thunbs:
Dan Lewis

5th Sep 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats how i did mine last night, and it works fine

[Edited on 05-09-2005 by almost_me]
M333KS D

5th Sep 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the basic idea and probable the best way to do it, but personally i would put the fuse BEFORE the switch, so that if theres a surge of power it wont blow ur switch, but its up to u! and as for it keep popping, i personally would strip it out, just simply put 2 wires to each end of the soleniod and just touch them onto the battery, if it works correctly then completely re-wire it. if it keeps popping then your solenoid is fooked. (this way just determines what part of the circuit is at fault) let me know how u get on, u2u me if you want more info mate!
JUGGA

5th Sep 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys for the help. i bought a fuse holder from maplins for 49p was the wrong one, went back bought another for 29p was the wrong one so though f*ck it, i just wired it to the legs of the fuse. done what everyone said followed the diagram and ive sorted it now, wish i had a switch that switches off itself tho, cos if i dont turn it off after popping it then the popper will blow up again. all working now tho.

cheers

next step is doing a horn button on the dash LOL...

[Edited on 05-09-2005 by Unr3al Rac3r]

New Poll