corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sound sytem just completly gone, has fuse gone??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sound sytem just completly gone, has fuse gone??
karls_car

User status: Offline
10th Mar 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

musci was plaing , touched a wire that goes 2 6x9's on a spear chanel on my amp!? beg mistake, there was a spart at the terminal, the hole lot went out head unit turned off,

pushed button to turn head unit bk on and it did started playin music but nothing come in out any speakers or subs??

checked amp fuse looks or and led is on, the fuse at batery seems 2 b fine 2, what has happend,, could it be head unit fuse( but there it would not b turning on would it)

please i need help
jaso87

10th Mar 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this was playin mustc bit louder than usual an then evry think stoped workin apart from head unit so i left it of til i got back home and undid the wires goin into the sub put them back in and it workd fine,check all ur conextions see if evry think ok
karls_car

10th Mar 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right on way home, i had turned head uniton 2 c if it was work in but nothink, and i juts left it on, nothink come in out speakers, so driving home very steep hill up, then 6x9 speakers started working and subs were sort of working, then they stoped, looked dowen a cloud off smoke came from head unit, quicky pulled over, took head unit out, the fuse in it was fine, but the hole cd player was so hot, ??? what is going on

now i dont know weather 2 put head unit bk in and c what happens rish fu*k in some think up,

or just get new head unit

??? any help please
jaso87

10th Mar 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm...... i ent sure about that one mate but if you had smoke comeing from th hu than doesnt sound good, mine usually gets quite hot tho dunno why,and iv had like a melting wire smell come from it, my mate works ina car audio shop il speak with him 4 ya n c if he knows wots up.
karls_car

13th Mar 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it smoked and stunk of wires buring,

yeh so a leed from head unit, has gona on chanel on amp and cut every think out, i just taken off the subs and put it bk how it ust to be just head unit and 6x9's and nothink come in out, the head unit is on with cd going round in side it, but no sound come in out ???? all fuses are fine?

if i had fried some wire in head unit then would it still turn on and work??
flash22

13th Mar 06 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the head unit still powers up but you have no sound or anything from the preouts\rca's you have more than likely cooked the output chip and if your unlucky you have also burnt out pre amp whats all surface mount on the pcb that would write the head unit off imho

The least you have done is burnt out a track on the pcb but your still looking at £30-40 just to get someone to look at it

what head unit is it an what amps ??

edit....... if the head unit is is not that old you may of trip the thermal overload protection on it take the head unit (un plug it) out of the car for 30 min's or so and put it back in

[Edited on 13-03-2006 by flash22]
karls_car

13th Mar 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head unit bloughpunkt alicanty, bout £140 and the amp was 1 600w vibe one,

its been ut 4 2 days then i put it bk in and it powers up but still notkink come in out?
flash22

13th Mar 06 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more than likely what i said in the first place then dont think it would be worth repairing tho stick it on fleybay as spares and get your self a new one
djice56

15th Jun 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate it sounds like u have blown the head unit up and could of possibly blown the speakers too best thing to do it borrow a head unit and try it if still got no sounds then blown speakers hope this helps if get stuck u2u me i'm a auto electrician

New Poll