corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NEON HELP PLEASE??????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEON HELP PLEASE??????????
Predator Corsa

User status: Offline
11th Jul 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically I have wired the neon's direct from the battery to the switch, therefore I can turn them on without having the keys in the ignition. But when I turn them on u can hear a loud hissing sound coming from under the car, sort of sound like a burning sound. then aft a min the cut out and the fuse has blown.??? Also when I started up the cars engine the lights automatic cut off without burning the fuse?

Any help please!!!
KITcorsa

11th Jul 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take all the wiring off and do a total re wire!! check all the points and make sure you have a really good earthing point!!!
Mase
Premium Member

11th Jul 04 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some kits don't like u having the engine off when u got them on. Not too sure why but that could be ur problem

Mase
James_DT

11th Jul 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car puts out a different voltage when the engine's on to when it's off, so that'd be why some kits only like the engine being on.
Marco The Corsa Man

11th Jul 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My kit works engine on/off. I've got them wired up so they come on with the interior light and with the alarm, or always on/off. Took some doing but its worth it when you can flick the neons on as you get upto the car .
Predator Corsa

11th Jul 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might be my earthing piont, Neon ground kit that doesnt glow when u drive along...???? thats the whole point

New Poll