corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clocks (rev counter)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clocks (rev counter)
Mertin

User status: Offline
9th Mar 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a P reg 1.2 8v ls and thinking about fitting some clocks with a rev counter

whats the score with cable driven etc? would it be a hassle to fit them?
johnny27

9th Mar 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what year is a P reg? as my corsa is 1995 and has a rev counter and its only a merit. I Did'nt no that some corsas came without one.
Mertin

9th Mar 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its a 1997
Dil660

10th Mar 06 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might b wrong but isnt there a cable already there for the rev counter??
Black Mamba

10th Mar 06 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some clocks are cable driven, i thin pre 96 0r pre 93, other are electronic transducers, in my corsa merit i got a seperate rev counter and put it in the pillar, wired it to the ecu, cable driven ones with a rev counter shud just slot in, jst make sure your new clocks are cable/electric like ur old ones, not sure whether the counter will work, depends if the wires are there. Hope this helps.
Black Mamba

10th Mar 06 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I don't know whether the same thing applies to the Corsa, but on the mk3 Astra, if your car doesn't have a rev counter, you can just simply plug in a set of clocks that do have a rev counter, this is because there are two plugs from the car that connect to the clocks, one of the plugs has a green wire on it which is for the rev counter.

New Poll