corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?
JohnOvManchester

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 06 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't matter if parking on double yellows is an offense...
you CAN NOT use it as an excuse to crash into somebody!!!

You refuse to accept the facts.

Liam... read page 1
Liam

2nd Mar 06 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read it ages ago, I still think that tbh it was her own fault
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il go and trespass on some railway lines shall i only a minor offense if the train hits me, well it wont matter its his fault for not stopping in time

JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liam:
like I have said to others then...
agree to disagree.

the bus driver, the police, the insurance companies both side, and everyone that I have spoken (apart from on here) can see that one parking offense can not excuse a dangerous driving offense.

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by JohnOvManchester]
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
il go and trespass on some railway lines shall i only a minor offense if the train hits me, well it wont matter its his fault for not stopping in time

there you go with your scenario's again...
get a grip

still can not accept the facts eh?
why is it such a problem for you... you don't even know me so why have you made it your aim to keep on digging away>?

is this personal now?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, but you cant see that laws are there to stop things like this happening, ok this is a harsh example of breaking a relatively minor offence.

you cant go round breaking laws willy nilly then moan when something happens, you cant have it all ways.

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair unless you were the bus driver or you could see what he saw you dont know quite why the door was hit, he may not have had time to stop or there might have been something coming on the other side of the road.

BUT if you girlfried hadnt have parked illegally her door wouldnt have been damaged. and if there was enough time to run to the back of the car she could have pushed the door closed and possibly got away with some scratches.

Its irrelivant now anyway as it cant be changed so best thing to do is get a new door and wing panel and put them on the car
Ant

2nd Mar 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everyonr saying that its is g/f fault must be high.

The car was parked ilegaly which is wrong BUT THIS DOES NOT GIVE ANYBODY THE RIGHT TO DRIVE INTO IT. It is the responsability of the bus driver to avoid stationary objects weather parked ilegaly or not. Insurers obviously agree bus driver was at fault.

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by aritchie]
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
To be fair unless you were the bus driver or you could see what he saw you dont know quite why the door was hit, he may not have had time to stop or there might have been something coming on the other side of the road.

BUT if you girlfried hadnt have parked illegally her door wouldnt have been damaged. and if there was enough time to run to the back of the car she could have pushed the door closed and possibly got away with some scratches.

Its irrelivant now anyway as it cant be changed so best thing to do is get a new door and wing panel and put them on the car

yep agree...
I don't know what the bus driver was thinking.
He has apparently been back to the depot and said he was scared he was going to actually hit my GF, when I got there he did seem in a bit of a daze.
the police tested his breath and he had not been drinking as far as we know.
He looked like he'd gone on a white one to me.

i wasn't there but local youths and a woman plus my GF al told me what happened when I got there.
There were no other cars coming at the time, he could have just gave ample distance as normal and not hit.
Just miss judged the distance and hit our car.

I am hoping they write it off and pay out...
I can then hopefully buy the car back and mend it and have some money to spare.
On the other hand it would be a lot less hasstle if they just fix it.
Just waiting on the insurance assesor valuation to se if economical to repair etc.

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i somehow dont think the bus driver drove into it on purpose

have u any idea how hard it would be to drive a bus, constantly have to check mirrors etc and if he was checking his mirrors going down a road THAT SHOULD BE CLEAR BY LAW, and oh suddenly theres bint parked on double yellows with her door open, a bus dont stop on a coin does it
James_DT

2nd Mar 06 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh

Liam

2nd Mar 06 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

have u any idea how hard it would be to drive a bus, constantly have to check mirrors etc and if he was checking his mirrors going down a road THAT SHOULD BE CLEAR BY LAW, and oh suddenly theres bint parked on double yellows with her door open, a bus dont stop on a coin does it

CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was written off by the insurance company will it not then be classed as a cat (a,b,c,d) write off therefore making it harder to sell
James_DT

2nd Mar 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it got written off after being hit by a bus and having the door ripped back, I'd take the money and buy a new car rather than repairing on the cheap.
Liam

Yes it makes it alot harder to sell, as people may be put off by the fact that its been damaged and will be causios(sp?) to whete its has been repaired properly
JohnOvManchester

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
I think everyonr saying that its is g/f fault must be high.

The car was parked ilegaly which is wrong BUT THIS DOES NOT GIVE ANYBODY THE RIGHT TO DRIVE INTO IT. It is the responsability of the bus driver to avoid stationary objects weather parked ilegaly or not. Insurers obviously agree bus driver was at fault.

Exactly mate.
Logic is obvious to the silent majority but the none logical majority as usual are the ones stating there veiws the loudest - such is life.
hanks for your comments.

I am a moderator on a bodybuilding forum so do see a lot of ppl jumping on the bandwagon and I also posted this thread similar on another forum as well and they are complete opposites - strange thing this t'interweb sometimes.

Ant

2nd Mar 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

again ---- It is the responsability of the bus driver to avoid stationary objects weather parked ilegaly or not. it is a driving reality that you have to face obsticales. surely he shouldnt have been driving that fastrif he didnt have a clear view of the road ahead?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnOvManchester
I am a moderator on a bodybuilding forum

do you know super_si
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand that if the bus driver was worth his salt then he maybe could have taken preventative measures, but you cannot place sole blame on him for this incident, your girlfriend had a large part to play in why this accident happened
Ant

2nd Mar 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would word it more as his girl friend could have avoided the accident by not parking there, but then you could say this of all accidents, if only i had gone a different route...... etc
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats true, but this isnt a case of simply going another way, this is a case of breaking the law or not
Ant

2nd Mar 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ended up being at fault once for turning right in front of a speeding car that couldnt stop, i felt that if he had not been speeding I could have completed the manoover susesfully, indipendant witneses in other cars estimated his speed to be about 60 in a 30. he was clearly doing somethin ilegal yet i was at fault however he was unable to persue his personal injury clai as it was deemed that his speed was a contributing factor.

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he was speeding he was at fault, again he was breaking the law, but in those cases its near impossible to prove, hence blame gets placed on the party that obstructed there right of way

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
if it was written off by the insurance company will it not then be classed as a cat (a,b,c,d) write off therefore making it harder to sell

I'm not too botherd about selling.
It's not worth a massive amount, we did get a bargin when we bought it.
see this thread... http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=249277
sxibeast

2nd Mar 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
For £25 I assume you mean a pattern wing? Fit on some is crap!

I paid a tenner for a wing at a scrappy!

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour? 22 database queries in 0.1036901 seconds