corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?
JohnOvManchester

User status: Offline
26th Feb 06 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look...
some of you are looking for an argument.
your not allowed to drive into people... if you can not see that then you shouldn't be on the road.
You can make up all the scenario's under the sun and you still can not justify.
yes the car was on double yellows, that was wrong but it doesn't justify the wreckless driving of the bus driver.

The police fully agree that you are not allowed to drive into a parked car EVEN IF ON DOUBLE YELLOWS, so do our insurance compaines so what are you trying to say everyone else is wrong??? LOL
get a grip.

Unless you can help now instead of have a dig then don't bother your posts will be ignored and I will let the thread die.

[Edited on 26-02-2006 by JohnOvManchester]
nickyboy01

26th Feb 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it from someone who has been in the situation.

You will NOT win if you try and claim.
Regardless of whether the bus hit the car or not, the car was parked illegally thus invalidating any claim. You could always take a civil claim against the bus company/driver but again chances of getting anywhere is minimal.

I had someone drive into the rear quarter of my truck when i was reversing into a hospital loading bay, they tried claiming i was at fault and as it was my word against theirs it would have gone 50/50. However, at the entrance of the loading area is a sign that clearly states "Authorised good vehicles only" by being in the loading area looking for somewhere to park they had invalidated any blame against me.

quote:
The place she parked is double yellowed but everyone parks there.
It's outside a row of shops and litterally hundreds of cars stop there everyday all day long.

What difference does that make? People speed everyday and commit crimes but it doesnt make it legal does it?

I have had people open doors on me when i'm close to their cars, you have so much to take in while you're driving that you dont always have the time/space to react when something happens

Oh and as you seem to know the space a bus needs to get round obstacles in the road i suggest you drive one sometime, not as easy as you think.

[Edited on 26-02-2006 by nickyboy01]
ainsley_brader

26th Feb 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at this chap thinks just because he drives a ferrari he can park half on a yellow line and half on the pavement. Tut some people!

ainsley_brader

26th Feb 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

especially when he could have parked in the huge empty car park. But then he would have had to have walked another 5 feet.
JohnOvManchester

1st Mar 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to say I told you so...
the bus company has admitted liability!!!
LOL
how wrong were most of you lot eh?

your not allowed to drive into people!!!

We have got a honda jazz cutosy car for now while they decide if it's a write off or not.
If not, they are fixing it.
If they do write it off, I will get the cash pay-out and fix myself cheap.

James_DT

1st Mar 06 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Au contraire. They were correct. Whether the bus company admitted liability or not, she should not have been parked there.
JohnOvManchester

1st Mar 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you point is?
THE WHOLE POINT WAS ABOUT LIABILITY AND PARTS!!!
Lynny

1st Mar 06 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are you? and will you just not listen to other people? you make a post gloating sayin that everyone was wrong, someone corrects you and you ask their point?? was you that started being cocky!
All Torque

1st Mar 06 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnOvManchester
Sorry to say I told you so...
the bus company has admitted liability!!!
LOL
how wrong were most of you lot eh?

We have got a honda jazz cutosy car for now while they decide if it's a write off or not.
If not, they are fixing it.
If they do write it off, I will get the cash pay-out and fix myself cheap.

JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lynny_sxi -
it's not hard to see or understand.
Your getting know-where with trying to find fault when it's all nearly done and dusted.

To spell it out just for you...

- the ppl that said you are not just allowed to plough into a parked car reguardless of if on x2 yellows or not like myself, the police and ins company ARE CORRECT.

- the ppl who said like you that think that just because of a parking offense it give you the justification to nearly run a person over and hit there car ARE WRONG.

And the rest was just an update on the situation etc for the people that were interested to see how this panned out and could be useful for future referance.

James_DT

2nd Mar 06 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd respond, but I'd rather just smash my head against a brick wall.
CorsAsh

2nd Mar 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lynny

2nd Mar 06 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
I'd respond, but I'd rather just smash my head against a brick wall.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this guy is a member of CHUMP
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you lot like?
don't like admitting you were wrong do you.

Quick tip:
if you don't want to respond then why make the post?
*shakes head*
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm i wasnt wrong, i simply said your girlfriend shoudnt have been parked there, which is a fact, you were v lucky to have a payout from the bus company just like that, but my comments still stand true, she should not have been parked there
Scott McKenzie

2nd Mar 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You`re also NOT allowed to park on double yellow lines
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again, whats the point...
it was never denyed that you shouldn't park on double yellows.

we are not lucky to have a pay out at all.
I will say again, you can not justify the commiting of a dangerous act against a parking offense.
it just doesn't work like that.
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scott McKenzie
quote:

You`re also NOT allowed to park on double yellow lines

Agree'd... i have never disagreed, so doesn't really need pointing out over and over again does it.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the parking offense contributed greatly towards the dangerous act, thats not what your getting is it.

I could commit a relatively minor "parking offence" by parking in a no stopping zone on the brow of a hill but if someone came over the top and ploughed into me, i could not justify them hitting my by saying "oh i was only commiting a minor parking offence therefore its totally your fault"
Scott McKenzie

2nd Mar 06 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it does actually, if the car hadn`t been parked there in the first place then the accident wouldn`t have happened, end of
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
but the parking offense contributed greatly towards the dangerous act, thats not what your getting is it.

I could commit a relatively minor "parking offence" by parking in a no stopping zone on the brow of a hill but if someone came over the top and ploughed into me, i could not justify them hitting my by saying "oh i was only commiting a minor parking offence therefore its totally your fault"

No... we accept our part of the blame and have said we will take our responsibility and pay any fine etc if due... so where you get the "that's what I'm not getting" bit from is just beyond me, I think your selectivly reading the thread and just like to bicker.

It's basically all on page 1 of this thread where ppl actually tried explaining to you why you can not justify a parking offense against dangerous driving.
Your choosing not to accept this even now I have it fully confirmed even from both parties insurance companies, the police, and many people that tried explaining on page 1.
JohnOvManchester

2nd Mar 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think it does actually, if the car hadn`t been parked there in the first place then the accident wouldn`t have happened, end of

that is actually correct.
you can apply that veiw to many thing in life and a line has to be drawn somewhere...
in this case the authorities come to the quite right desision that the commiting of a parking offense can not be used as an excuse for justifying the much more serious offense nearly running someone over and hitting a parked car.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because she was blatantly disregarding the highway code, so no you cant compare this to say being in a bank at the wrong time of it being held up.

By law she should not have been there

your obviously very cocky and very full of yourself so may i suggest that you go out and purchase the new CTR

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
Liam

2nd Mar 06 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

imo you have been veru lucky that the bus company has taken liability, because you would not have won in court as she was parked illegally, and everyone knows that you cannot park on double yellows even for a short amount of timeits against the law

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour? 22 database queries in 0.1939430 seconds