corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?
Karen

User status: Offline
25th Feb 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Can park for 3 hours on double yellows with a Disabled Badge, though I doubt it applies here.

I still got a parking ticket once with a disabled badge when parked on double yellows, appealed but they said it would have to go thru court and I would have to pay so wasnt worth the hassel so just paid it
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Can park for 3 hours on double yellows with a Disabled Badge, though I doubt it applies here.

Doesn't appy mate but the centiment is the same morally.
Disabled person wouldn't have been able to run round the back of the car in time... they'd be dead.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 06 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone parks there - doesn't matter - she's driving her car not everyone elses.

Inconsiderate no - whoever painted the lines doesn't agree

Parking entirely on the pavement instead - again, inconsiderate to pedestrians, whose right it is to walk on the pavement unimpeded.

At the end of the day thats all opinion of yours how safe and considerate it all is and how its somehow OK because other people do it - legally she'll be prosecuted for the parking, and you might just win on an outsider, but I wouldn't back it.

My advice would be to use this as a lesson in driver awareness.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
there is also the fact that if she had to run away when she got out, that she also did not look before even getting out of the car to ensure the road was clear...

again though it doesnt even matter as she still shouldnt of been there in the first place.

no she looked and it was cear enough to get out and cars passed apart from the bus.

this is getting silly now though to be honest... legally the police agree your supposed to leave a gap... certainly not drive that close ppl have to drive out of the way if a door is open.

If everyone drove about and just hit everyone else because they had right of way lets say on a round-a-bout it would be a complete nightmare.

Comman sense, morals, and the value of peoples lives were all disguarded by the bus driver.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 06 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karen
I still got a parking ticket once with a disabled badge when parked on double yellows, appealed but they said it would have to go thru court and I would have to pay so wasnt worth the hassel so just paid it
Thats either very unfair or very ironic.

You still can't cause an obstruction, badge or no badge.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 06 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnOvManchester
Comman sense, morals, and the value of peoples lives were all disguarded by the bus driver.

With respect, I don't believe you girlfriend was big on any of them when she parked in the way.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Everyone parks there - doesn't matter - she's driving her car not everyone elses.

Inconsiderate no - whoever painted the lines doesn't agree

Parking entirely on the pavement instead - again, inconsiderate to pedestrians, whose right it is to walk on the pavement unimpeded.

At the end of the day thats all opinion of yours how safe and considerate it all is and how its somehow OK because other people do it - legally she'll be prosecuted for the parking, and you might just win on an outsider, but I wouldn't back it.

My advice would be to use this as a lesson in driver awareness.

you'd have to see it... I doubt all the people who park there on a daily basis would agree.

You can not drive that close... it's stupid. It's obvious.

JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

With respect, I don't believe you girlfriend was big on any of them when she parked in the way.

not really - agree to disagree then

you can not drive that close... police agree, insurance company agree's most ppl who I speak to agree, morally makes sense, you learn this point when you learn to drive... all fairly reasonable and easy to understand.
PaulW

25th Feb 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Double yellow lines mean that parking is restricted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (in other words ‘at any time’). With effect from 31 January 2003 councils are not required to erect a sign plate to accompany an ‘at any time’ restriction. In some areas, (for example holiday resorts), the ‘at any time’ restriction may apply for only part of the year, although this must be for at least four consecutive months. In these cases a sign, showing the duration of the restriction, will be erected.

http://www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/RegAndLeg/parkingRegu.asp

she was in the wrong. regardless.

as Ian says, use it as a lesson
PaulW

25th Feb 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if she parked there because everyone else did... does that also mean she will drive off a bridge if everyone else did to?

just because someone else breaks the law, DOESNT mean you can too & just say 'but they did it too' its just plain ignorance!
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in fact even you agree ian...
quote:

The bus is at fault for hitting a parked car. There's no dispute there, you can't drive in to stuff.

ppl getting carried away now anyway so like I said... agree to disagree

any suggestion about the parts?
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also if she parked there because everyone else did... does that also mean she will drive off a bridge if everyone else did to?

just because someone else breaks the law, DOESNT mean you can too & just say 'but they did it too' its just plain ignorance!

oh well never mind...
if you think it's OK for ppl to drive into parked cars because they are not taking enough care then fine
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 06 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I doubt all the people who park there on a daily basis would agree.
Complete irrelevant if they're ALL parked illegally. You can't drive around thinking things are fine because other people are doing it. Can we have some ownership of the consequences here please!
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parking offense yes.

Excuse for driving into people HELL NO!!!
people are not expendable
PaulW

25th Feb 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

oh well never mind...
if you think it's OK for ppl to drive into parked cars because they are not taking enough care then fine

other considerations to take are...

SHE caused an obstruction on a road, causing OTHER traffic to more than likely need to move over to the other side of the road, hence causing a DANGEROUS condition to other road users...

the bus may of had to move closer over that side to avoid oncoming traffic, which in fact would cause a much more severe accident than hitting a parked car.

The amount of times I've nearly hit someone coming the other way down a road because some fool was parked on double yellows causing an obstruction & traffic to go all over the road... well I've lost count

Double yellows are there for a reason, so no matter what, the bus driver ISNT the one to blame here, regardless if he hit her or not. Just because there is shops there means nothing.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

SHE caused an obstruction on a road, causing OTHER traffic to more than likely need to move over to the other side of the road, hence causing a DANGEROUS condition to other road users...

the bus may of had to move closer over that side to avoid oncoming traffic, which in fact would cause a much more severe accident than hitting a parked car.

The amount of times I've nearly hit someone coming the other way down a road because some fool was parked on double yellows causing an obstruction & traffic to go all over the road... well I've lost count

Double yellows are there for a reason, so no matter what, the bus driver ISNT the one to blame here, regardless if he hit her or not. Just because there is shops there means nothing.

there was no traffic the other way the bus had planty of room

I have not denied that it was on double yellows and shouldn't have been.

You STILL can not drive into ppl...

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by JohnOvManchester]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
in fact even you agree ian...
I do believe that there are a number of things to consider, my point is that parking badly is actually contributed more to the accident than the positioning of the bus.

As a result and in apportioning blame, I do feel quite strongly that a claim against the bus driver is largely invalid.
p4uls corsa

25th Feb 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

oh well never mind...

the bus driver is in the wrong for hitting her car just the same as if he went into the back of a parked car anywhere else

she shouldnt have parked there but the bus hit her which makes it his fault the only thing the bus driver should have done if he couldnt get through the gap is call the police to have her car towed. he tried to get through and hit her car so its his fault and that is how the law sees it

it doesnt matter where she was parked even if ur parked straight accross the road if someone hits ur car its there fault the only thing u can do if someone is parked illegally and blocking u is call the police and wait not to try and get through

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by p4uls corsa]
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe it did contribute???
I have not said otherwise... but at the end of the day you don't drive your bus into people like that
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 06 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I just think parking inconsiderately and then blaming the other guy when he drives in to your car which is in the way is a bit bloody audacious.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the bus driver is in the wrong for hitting her car just the same as if he went into the back of a parked car anywhere else

she shouldnt have parked there but the bus hit her which makes it his fault the only thing the bus should have done if he couldnt get through the gap is call the police to have her car towed. he tried to get through and hit her car so its his fault and that is how the law sees it

agree with that and very well put
the bus actually could get through... he had loads of room, he just came too close and hit my GF's car!!!
everyone couldn't believe why he had done it... due care and attention spring to mind
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Indeed, I just think parking inconsiderately and then blaming the other guy when he drives in to your car which is in the way is a bit bloody audacious.

I see what your getting at but...
it was his fault, you don't pretend you blind and plough into people because they are on double yellows!!!
that's crazy
eddiewhiteley

something like this would surely end up knock for knock wouldnt it?
All Torque

My two cents:

it sounds like ur g/f is passing the blame. What if someone on the bus fell when it hit ur g/f's car? they'd blame the bus driver > who'd blame ur g/f > whos blaming the parking fascilities/the bus driver > whos actually blaming ur g/f.......
Did she really and I mean REALLY have to park there? was there not free parking/a car park 5 mins walk away?
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
My two cents:

it sounds like ur g/f is passing the blame. What if someone on the bus fell when it hit ur g/f's car? they'd blame the bus driver > who'd blame ur g/f > whos blaming the parking fascilities/the bus driver > whos actually blaming ur g/f.......
Did she really and I mean REALLY have to park there? was there not free parking/a car park 5 mins walk away?

yeah she could have parked somewhere else no doubt.
if you saw the place though you'd understand... there's plenty of other cars there, not a excuse for parking but as in life things happen and people do things that are wrong but it doesn't justify driving a big fook-off bus in to a little corsa when there was plenty of room to go by...
the guy just wasn't taking care and not looking where he was going or shouldn't be driving the bus

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by JohnOvManchester]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour? 22 database queries in 0.1043789 seconds