corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?
All Torque

User status: Offline
25th Feb 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnOvManchester

quote:

the bus driver is in the wrong for hitting her car just the same as if he went into the back of a parked car anywhere else

she shouldnt have parked there but the bus hit her which makes it his fault the only thing the bus should have done if he couldnt get through the gap is call the police to have her car towed. he tried to get through and hit her car so its his fault and that is how the law sees it

agree with that and very well put
the bus actually could get through... he had loads of room, he just came too close and hit my GF's car!!!
everyone couldn't believe why he had done it... due care and attention spring to mind

What if he was TRYING to hit the car to make an example of ur g/f? after all, the damage to the bus is only a scratch and the bus company will pay for that (maybe they'll just leave it). The bus driver might not be so calous but if shes in the wrong and he knows she is and hes had a bad day.......
p4uls corsa

25th Feb 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
quote:

quote:

the bus driver is in the wrong for hitting her car just the same as if he went into the back of a parked car anywhere else

she shouldnt have parked there but the bus hit her which makes it his fault the only thing the bus should have done if he couldnt get through the gap is call the police to have her car towed. he tried to get through and hit her car so its his fault and that is how the law sees it

the bus actually could get through... he had loads of room, he just came too close and hit my GF's car!!!
everyone couldn't believe why he had done it... due care and attention spring to mind

What if he was TRYING to hit the car to make an example of ur g/f? after all, the damage to the bus is only a scratch and the bus company will pay for that (maybe they'll just leave it). The bus driver might not be so calous but if shes in the wrong and he knows she is and hes had a bad day.......

then he should get fucked for it and loose his job for putting lifes at danger
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:

well if he's TRYING to hit the car he needs his head testing...
are you messin about, can not tell if that's a joke mate?

he nearly hit my GF, if he's doing that to make an example that makes him a murderer...
but that's OK she was on double yellows so deserves to die right?
All Torque

25th Feb 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey i wasnt messing. sorry.
That sort of thing does happen though, no offence.
chris-sri

25th Feb 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway back to the parts
All Torque

25th Feb 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
Anyway back to the parts

could do with pics, i'm thinking hes ripped the door back on itself and therefor its screwed, but it he just rubbed it then it'll be cheaper/easier to mend.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
Anyway back to the parts

yeah... the parts !!! LOL
where from and how much, any ideas... want to just get in the right colours (see page 1 1st post) if that's possible?
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No back door, see page 1 for a pic of the car whe it was OK (at the top)

only the door on that side and wing on that side, my mechanic mate has assured me they need replacing.
p4uls corsa

25th Feb 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrappies for both would be looking about 30 quid new parts about 100 quid thats based on it just been the door and wing and not painted

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by p4uls corsa]
Jodi_the_g

25th Feb 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Parking offense yes.

Excuse for driving into people HELL NO!!!
people are not expendable

So what happens if a fire engine was coming down instead of a Bus, should they stop becuase some one is illegal parked?
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is normal to pay for painting... my mate will probably help me fit them
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
quote:
Parking offense yes.

Excuse for driving into people HELL NO!!!
people are not expendable

So what happens if a fire engine was coming down instead of a Bus, should they stop becuase some one is illegal parked?

well if they about to hit a human being then hell yes they should not kill someone!!!
wow, some of you are heartless
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ if your talking about hitting the car then that could be justified.

I can see some people just want to have a little snide dig at me/my GF now so it's getting obvious.

rack off, OK sport LOL
p4uls corsa

25th Feb 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What is normal to pay for painting... my mate will probably help me fit them

scrappies for both would be looking about 30 quid new parts about 100 quid thats based on it just been the door and wing and not painted

u would need the whole side painted probly 200-300
Jodi_the_g

25th Feb 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I not fussed about you and your gf, the problem i just hate pricks that park in stupid places takes me ages to get out of work somedays becuase people think its ok to park where they are not meant to, if you do not understand road signs/marks don't drive.

talking about 300 for repaired and sprayed, but if you lucky you might be able to get the same coloured parts.

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by Jodi_the_g]
All Torque

25th Feb 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a way of getting a bare door (no glass, door card, mirror etc..) and then putting what he has left onto it? that could save some pennies.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand jodi... not like that in this case really, nobody was blocked or anything

thanks for the price guide for the repairs, just gonna have to bite the bullet and pay
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 06 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I can see some people just want to have a little snide dig at me/my GF now so it's getting obvious.

rack off, OK sport LOL

no snide digs, just trying to get you to see that your GF was in the wrong for illegally parking so cannot moan if somehow she suffers from the total disregard of highway laws

how about if i say, ok its ok to do 70mph through a 30 because everyone does it, and its a pretty clear road, so it makes it ok

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
Lynny

25th Feb 06 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) parked on double yellow lines
2) why was she gettin out the car if traffic was coming??
Lynny

25th Feb 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi

and before you once again she looked and it was safe...it obviously wasnt or this wouldnt have happened....
JohnOvManchester

26th Feb 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
quote:

rack off, OK sport LOL

no snide digs, just trying to get you to see that your GF was in the wrong for illegally parking so cannot moan if somehow she suffers from the total disregard of highway laws

how about if i say, ok its ok to do 70mph through a 30 because everyone does it, and its a pretty clear road, so it makes it ok

that's just stupid, now I know your on a wind up... if you don't have anything positive to contribute then don't bother posting
JohnOvManchester

26th Feb 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

and before you once again she looked and it was safe...it obviously wasnt or this wouldnt have happened....

read the thread... its been explained.
Lynny

26th Feb 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
quote:

rack off, OK sport LOL

that's just stupid, now I know your on a wind up... if you don't have anything positive to contribute then don't bother posting

hes not being stupid at all, if anyone is its you! you cant justify doing something illegal and potentially dangerous just because 'everyone else does'! how old are you? its like when kids do something wrong and their excuse is that their friend did it. can people not take responsibility for their own actions????
ainsley_brader

26th Feb 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she had time to run round the back of the car did she not have time to give it a shove on the way?

Also I doubt this bus driver would have hit the door if he could have avoided it. He obviously didnt have time or it was parked in such a way that he couldnt see it and was unable to stop/avoid it in time.
JohnOvManchester

26th Feb 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is there a way of getting a bare door (no glass, door card, mirror etc..) and then putting what he has left onto it? that could save some pennies.

hi mate,

good suggestion thanks.
that's what I am after really.
all the glass and everything and door card is fine.
So a bare door is ideal... it would need to be bare to spray it as well.

the painters my mate uses will match the colour exactly instead of just getting a colour coded paint he tells me so I will just take the wing and door to them to paint off the car... so should be cheaper hopefully.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour? 22 database queries in 0.1932220 seconds