corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine light still on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine light still on
burnout

User status: Offline
8th Feb 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im still not sure what is turning it on it only comes on when the car is moving but if i drive really steady keepin it under 2k revs it wont come on but as soon as i put my foot down an it goes past 3k it then turns on wat could be causing this. thanks ive done paper clip test an it come up as knock sensor does this sound right.
Rob B

8th Feb 06 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this, i dunno whats wrong with it .
burnout

8th Feb 06 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u also done an engine swap.
Rob B

8th Feb 06 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, x12xe > x16xe
burnout

8th Feb 06 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine started doin it when i put a new x14xe in my sport. i want to sort it the lights well annoyin
burnout

8th Feb 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
craig_lewis

9th Feb 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa does this so i had this guy to come out and plug his little machine into my engine managment and he said it was my lambda sensor.... i replaced this and still the orange light comes on when i go back 4k revs its really annoying ... i wonder what else i can replace ???
22B

9th Feb 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem on my 1995 corsa Sport 1.4 16V after doing an engine swap for another X14XE, diagnostic check came up witrh knock sensor, replaced the sensor and still the light was on. Checked all wiring and it was fine. i sold the car in the end but some1 told me it could be the crank postition sensor, Vauxhall didnt want to investigate the fault and told me to take the bulb out, lol, how useful
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Feb 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its likely it is the knock sensor. did you use the loom and ecu that came with the donor engine? if not then that could be the cause. the knock sensor wiring is different on certain corsa looms depending on wether its an x14 or x16. also the whole system was changed after 1997 which includes different sensors, wiring looms, and the pin position in the ecu for the signal wire is different.
burnout

11th Feb 06 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that is the problem been to have it looked at today i need to get a wire loom off a 96 sport which has two wires going to the sensor instead of 1.
Dave A

11th Feb 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by burnout
yes that is the problem been to have it looked at today i need to get a wire loom off a 96 sport which has two wires going to the sensor instead of 1.

not necessarily.

just switch the wires round that goes to the sensor. both sensors have two wires, but on one of the looms the screed wire is used as an earth.

cut the wire that comes from the sensor and wire up the plug the other way round. you will find there is two wires, one red and green, the other a screed. wire the red and green to the screed and the screed to the red and green coming from the loom. i.e switch the wires over.

make sure you solder the contact or get a decent connection at least. then disconnect the battery for an hour before turning on the ignition to clear the fault codes. see if that works. (the above is a lot easier with the sensor removed btw

as long as the ecu is from the same car as the loom (or same age car) then you shouldnt have to do anything else. if the above isnt true then you will need to do one more thing, but ill get to that if you need it

let us know how you get on
Dave A

11th Feb 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Burnout:

i also noticed that you posted this in another post:

quote:
Originally posted by burnout
i also have this problem went to try and get it sorted today an it was the knock sensor as my 96 sport had two wires going to it but the 95 model only has one so all they told me to do is change my wire loom under the inlet an get a new knock sensor so it will the pick the signal up. if thats any help at all,

that will not work. the ecu plugs are different and you will need to modify them to fit. you will also need a different sensor and swop the pin positions around for the knock sensor signal wire on the ecu plugs.

New Poll