corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine electronics light on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine electronics light on
Nikki101

User status: Offline
   15th Jun 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was driving along and noticed that engine electronics light was on continuously. I pulled over and it was idling all over the place and engine sounded as rough as ar**holes. Decided to switch engine off to see if the fault cleared its self but I then struggled to start it. After eventually starting it it continued to idle all over the place still. As I was miles from home I decided to risk continuing and the light went off just down the road. It seems to be running fine now and light hasnt come on since.

Should I take it to get checked out at Vauxhall? Anyone any ideas what could be wrong?
Drew
Banned

15th Jun 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ok to drive with the light on - it puts the ecu into 'safe' mode

best to get it checked out

can do it yaself - as ya will find posted on here - but i cant be bothered to look for it

also this should be in the help section
Jodi_the_g

15th Jun 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this could be due to the fact you are a bird and are sitting in the wrong seat the drivers seat hence the engine electronics light comes on as a warning

serious though could come on if you have had an alarm fitted as mine did in my old astra GTE
Nikki101

15th Jun 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha Jodi_the_g

I did post in the help section first but no reply so I posted it in here as well. As with most forums nobody ventures out of the general section.

[Edited on 15-06-2003 by Nikki101]
Jodi_the_g

15th Jun 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super_si

15th Jun 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g

How rude Some people have no manors
GREG 1

15th Jun 03 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem yesterday, everytime the engine management light came on the card jolted back and forth !!

i cleaned the spark plugs yesterday and changed the belt and 2day the light didnt come on but did jult a little bit.

Hopefully its fine now as the light isnt coming on but i shall see 2morrow when i drive 25 miles to work hopefully fingers crossed it will be ok, argggggghhhhh !!
Dav

15th Jun 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nikki101
Was driving along and noticed that engine electronics light was on continuously. I pulled over and it was idling all over the place and engine sounded as rough as ar**holes. Decided to switch engine off to see if the fault cleared its self but I then struggled to start it. After eventually starting it it continued to idle all over the place still.
This sounds just like what happened to me last month, ony my light didn't go back off and I had to repair my engine. My problem was a faulty airflow sensor.
Take your car to a local garage with a diagnostic machine so they can plug it in and find the fault, or like Drew said you can do it yourself with a paperclip or something. I think this only works on older Corsa's tho.

[Edited on 15-06-2003 by Dav]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine electronics light on 22 database queries in 0.0113430 seconds