corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » losing friends over a copyright issue

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author losing friends over a copyright issue
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
8th Feb 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Its not really, Ian has stole some one else content and now its happened to him he doesnt like it.

well i think thast if Ian intends to make profit from all his photos then he should no longer post the pictures online , or failing that water mark the centre of the image.

putting pictures does not give anyone the right to take them and use them as they see fit like wise putting them online makes it easy for someone to nick them. however if your caught then it's your own fault. I have no problem with people post my pic on other forums. I have a problem with people using my pics as advertsing without my concent no matter how crap the pic may be.

[Edited on 08-02-2006 by vibrio]
Nismo

8th Feb 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but thats how the net has allways been and allways will be , there is nothing you can do about it. I dare him to take it to a small claims court , im sure they will reject it.
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes but thats how the net has allways been and allways will be , there is nothing you can do about it. I dare him to take it to a small claims court , im sure they will reject it.

lol you just don't grasp the basic premise that the law has been broken do you. there is no gray area with this. Ian will wait two weeks then send another letter if after 2 more weeks he has heard nothing he will inform the the lawyers and they will proceed accordingly. it won't cost Ian anything.
Nismo

8th Feb 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do but i see it as all pointless, What do you mean it will cost Ian nothing , he will have to pay charges, you cant just take people to court for nothing
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i do but i see it as all pointless, What do you mean it will cost Ian nothing , he will have to pay charges, you cant just take people to court for nothing

not when your a member of a union
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 06 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
no Ian had to comply with the other company's wishes with regards to the pictures.
And were the wishes reasonable, or were they ransom-like and mercurial?
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
no Ian had to comply with the other company's wishes with regards to the pictures.
And were the wishes reasonable, or were they ransom-like and mercurial?

don't know but Ian's situation was different to this
K11 NNL

8th Feb 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say that the situation with the wicked art company was worse.

He openly said he had their cd that you can buy with all the cartoons on it...he then modified them to look like peoples cars and sold them to folk on that site for £2 each.

The guy with the bra company didnt mod the picture to have his product on it...simply used one that already had it on, just so happens that icy took the pic.

The situation seems complicated....but if i was Icy ad just put it down to this being the first and last time he allows this kind of thing to happen. Use it as a learning process...we all agree that he hasnt really went about it the right way with asking for a free bra then a sum of £200. Certainly not a way to win friends and influence them especially if this is kind of person/people Icy is probably looking to in the future to further his career.
James_DT

8th Feb 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He modded the picture to remove Icy's watermark.
slugger_54132

8th Feb 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

well i think thast if Ian intends to make profit from all his photos then he should no longer post the pictures online , or failing that water mark the centre of the image.

The picture was never taken in the first place to make a profit on! It has only become an issue for the fact someone stole it and used it to make a profit!
slugger_54132

8th Feb 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Im sure if you were to look on every site there is prob his images getting used everywhere, he posts them up on every site he is on almost so folk are bound to save them on their pc to use. I know when Im browsing sites I see loads of pics with his pics on it.

Doesnt mean to say people have the right to steal them.

I also think there is a massive difference between someone saving the picture to go on there pc, or posting on a different forum and using the picture in an advertisement designed to gain profit!
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K11 NNL
I would say that the situation with the wicked art company was worse.

He openly said he had their cd that you can buy with all the cartoons on it...he then modified them to look like peoples cars and sold them to folk on that site for £2 each.

The guy with the bra company didnt mod the picture to have his product on it...simply used one that already had it on, just so happens that icy took the pic.

The situation seems complicated....but if i was Icy ad just put it down to this being the first and last time he allows this kind of thing to happen. Use it as a learning process...we all agree that he hasnt really went about it the right way with asking for a free bra then a sum of £200. Certainly not a way to win friends and influence them especially if this is kind of person/people Icy is probably looking to in the future to further his career.

Ian asked them if he could modify them and they said yes his charging was for web hosting
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 06 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i view ians pics on line theyh get saved to my cache, can he now sue me for storing his images without his permission
K11 NNL

8th Feb 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why was that particular thread on the avatars removed then? And nobody else was allowed to buy them if the company were ok about it? Doesnt make any sence if everything was above board? Surely if it was a good thing, and from what i heard they were very very popular, it would have been an on going thing for new members to purchase avatars that were unique to them?

[Edited on 08-02-2006 by K11 NNL]
slugger_54132

8th Feb 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
when i view ians pics on line theyh get saved to my cache, can he now sue me for storing his images without his permission

There would be no problem with this if you only intended to look at them on our pc, would be issues if you tried to sell them, or use them for advertsiment, or generally tried to rasie profit through the use of them

Feel free to correct me if anyone disagrees.
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why was that particular thread on the avatars removed then? And nobody else was allowed to buy them if the company were ok about it? Doesnt make any sence if everything was above board? Surely if it was a good thing, and from what i heard they were very very popular, it would have been an on going thing for new members to purchase avatars that were unique to them?

because on fotki you can buy them
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 06 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does sound to me although icy is technically right, he has seen the pic being used, has pissed him off a bit and thought, right what can i get outta this
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 06 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And regardless of his actual intention, thats how it looks.
Icy

9th Feb 06 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i pm'd stevesweetland to delete the thread for me.
i mailed them a few yrs ago when i did them on corsasport
they were fine about it,
one day a few months ago they left a msg on my fotki, i only use my fotki for hosting. but all folders u can buy prints so thats what they saw, Emailed them. They sed if i remove them from the site they leave it at that. I only carried on cause they gave me the ok back then tho i didnt have proof to show them when i told them about that.

Karen - i never took the pic u found
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Vauxhall_Tigra/vauxhall_tigra.html
u took that not me.

i didnt deliberately go out and get as much money out of him as i can. If i did i would of put more in the invoice for multiple use. Same pic is used as buttons too. I dont think i was cheeky asking for discount or a freebie, Iv done that to a bodyshop they gave me discount on work for taking pics for their website, and mate gives me discount for parts for takin pics for his website/shop. You get what you give. Just annoyed they never even asked, removed my copyright/name and no credit where its due. Also that just cause i own a vw doesnt make it alright, theyre a couple of the main peeps at e38, wont be surprised if they ban me from coming to the show as pete told me not to take pics of his car in future.

dont worry matg i didnt take offense

[Edited on 09-02-2006 by Icy]
Carl

9th Feb 06 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do them for copyright and then send them that "owned" pic/photoshop where you are knocking into Karen.
Icy

9th Feb 06 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one iv got a brown jumper on??

alredy sent them breached letter and invoice by page2 on that site.
vibrio
Banned

9th Feb 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pete can't really stop you taking pics of his car if he is at a show PMSL
Icy

9th Feb 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he sent me an email today
Vroompish

9th Feb 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think ICY is in the right and the major problem I have is that he knowingly cropped his signature out of his picture. This to me says he knew it was someone else's picture and copyrighted but he still went ahead and removed it for his own gain. He deserves everything he gets.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 06 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he can stop you taking pics of him though

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » losing friends over a copyright issue 22 database queries in 0.2114060 seconds