corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » losing friends over a copyright issue

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author losing friends over a copyright issue
Jules

User status: Offline
8th Feb 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
The VW community can be very narrow minded at the best of times.

I love the "You're a fellow dubber - can't you just drop it" comments.

If a fellow Ipswich Town supporter (like OJC for example) broke into my house and stole my TV and DVD player should I let him take them just because we both support the same football team?!

Idiots.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 06 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, glad i bought a SEAT

[Edited on 08-02-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
bradfincham

8th Feb 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just read through most of that post.

They cant see the problem as there blackmailing you Ian with if you claim you will loose friends. The guy should have really asked your permission and said heres £50 for the picture thankyou.

What Bugs me as they think as its a VW picture and you have one your going to say its ok have it as i like the car.

If i was you, I would sod them as friends as they are prepared for a so called mate to loose out on money and also career etc due to the fact of someone wanting to sell something!

Email and ask him if he wants to settle it with X amount, if he says no then Its time to take the matter further.

If you open total vauxhall, the first advert for Auto Tint Design. has a picture that i took of the rear end of my silver corsa. they use this to advertise the parts.
I emailed them asking for a discount on parts because of this and they told me to get stuffed. If i knew this copyright law back then i would have taken the matter further
Karen

8th Feb 06 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few websites using pics of my old Tigra(was mine at the time) and it was ones Icy took and I emailed them asking where they got the pictures and I never received a reply so didnt bother anymore.
Icy done it himself by using copyrite pics and selling them on this is the exact same thing happeneing but now he is complaining.
Should just let it lie
Nismo

8th Feb 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly.
slugger_54132

8th Feb 06 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that it is also down to the way in which the picture is used. Because the picture was used as part of advertisement, and thus to make money, i feel Icy should continue with his current course. Its his property and he should be paid for the breach of copyright.

However, I do agree with some of the stuff Ian has mentioned. The situation could have been handled a little better.
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
I just read through most of that post.

They cant see the problem as there blackmailing you Ian with if you claim you will loose friends. The guy should have really asked your permission and said heres £50 for the picture thankyou.

What Bugs me as they think as its a VW picture and you have one your going to say its ok have it as i like the car.

If i was you, I would sod them as friends as they are prepared for a so called mate to loose out on money and also career etc due to the fact of someone wanting to sell something!

Email and ask him if he wants to settle it with X amount, if he says no then Its time to take the matter further.

If you open total vauxhall, the first advert for Auto Tint Design. has a picture that i took of the rear end of my silver corsa. they use this to advertise the parts.
I emailed them asking for a discount on parts because of this and they told me to get stuffed. If i knew this copyright law back then i would have taken the matter further

there is nothing to stop you the now you know.

I can give you an outline of a letter
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
exactly.

no
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KarenIcy done it himself by using copyrite pics and selling them on this is the exact same thing happeneing but now he is complaining.
Should just let it lie

so and eye for an eye you say - you we don't live in the old testament karen.
MatG

8th Feb 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by MatG
No disrespect to you Icy [snip long quote]

The fact is that this guy never even asked ICY if he could use his pic.

[Edited on 08-02-2006 by Ian]

I think I can say no disrespect and mean it Ross. I know/chatted to Ian many times and I am sure he did not take what I have said to be offensive or a snip. I was just giving my thoughts and opinion on the subject, something I am entitled to do if you agree with it or not.

As for pointing out that the guy never asked, well done it proves you can read my post
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
I think I can say no disrespect and mean it Ross. I know/chatted to Ian many times and I am sure he did not take what I have said to be offensive or a snip. I was just giving my thoughts and opinion on the subject, something I am entitled to do if you agree with it or not.

As for pointing out that the guy never asked, well done it proves you can read my post

yes your entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Feb 06 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you're losing sight of the fact that this was an amatuer pic, used by a bedroom company.
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I think you're losing sight of the fact that this was an amatuer pic, used by a bedroom company.

so petty thieft is ok then so long as it's somthing small from a small business
ssj_kakarot

8th Feb 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well there are varying degree's of theft in the eyes of the law are there not? no idea what they are but every case is relative.

i dont think you can use all the examples that have been thrown arouns so losely ethier, theres a difference between taking some ones computer or whatever to using some ones photo.

which im guessing if it did go to court may be quite hard to actually prove how much the photo was worth, surely it would go on experience ect aswell as the guide that was posted up.
Nismo

8th Feb 06 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
exactly.

no

In all your posts why have you failed to comment on the fact that Ian did exactly the same thing!!!!

You go on and on and on and on and you dont have anything to say abou it??

He took some one elses designs and used them to try to make a proffit , there for he owe's cool art £200
Karen

8th Feb 06 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
exactly.

no

In all your posts why have you failed to comment on the fact that Ian did exactly the same thing!!!!

He took some one elses designs and used them to try to make a proffit , there for he owe's cool art £200

Sure I read something in that post where they said Ian got found out by this company so stopped doing it but its the exact same thing as this so therfor if this company has to pay him then he should pay coolart for stealing their copyrite pics
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
exactly.

no

its irrelavent that Ian did it.
Mark Petty

8th Feb 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
exactly.

no

^ good point
imo I don't think you will get anywhere if it went any further because it happens all the time and can you 100% prove that you took the picture. Surely anyone can put a copyright on a picture if need be. I know u did take the picture but just looking at it from someone else view.

btw it was really piss me off as well if this was to happen to me especially cutting off the copyright.
Charlene

8th Feb 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He should of asked you to use the pictures first as he was a mate and should respect you, but im sure he could say you never had permission to photo his car
Nismo

8th Feb 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Oh so its a rule for one and one for another is it?

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Feb 06 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its irrelevant to this episode but yeah, strange one as there's so much fuss.
Nismo

8th Feb 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not really, Ian has stole some one else content and now its happened to him he doesnt like it.

well i think thast if Ian intends to make profit from all his photos then he should no longer post the pictures online , or failing that water mark the centre of the image.
Karen

8th Feb 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure if you were to look on every site there is prob his images getting used everywhere, he posts them up on every site he is on almost so folk are bound to save them on their pc to use. I know when Im browsing sites I see loads of pics with his pics on it.
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Petty
^ good point
imo I don't think you will get anywhere if it went any further because it happens all the time and can you 100% prove that you took the picture. Surely anyone can put a copyright on a picture if need be. I know u did take the picture but just looking at it from someone else view.

btw it was really piss me off as well if this was to happen to me especially cutting off the copyright.

very easy to prove who took the picture these days with digital cameras.
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Oh so its a rule for one and one for another is it?

no Ian had to comply with the other company's wishes with regards to the pictures.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » losing friends over a copyright issue 22 database queries in 0.0939598 seconds