corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I think my head gasket has gone any help ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I think my head gasket has gone any help ?
sumner2k3

User status: Offline
25th Jan 06 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just bought a 1.4 sri 16v eco tech corsa yesterday but when i left it ticking over on my drive for about half an hour the whole time ther was alot of white steamy smoke coming out the exhaust and it was dripping alot of water out is that because the car is cold and hasnt been running for a while or is it the head gasket? Thanks
Rileysport

25th Jan 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the header tank for oily sludge (browny or even white) also take the filler cap off and check for a mayo like substance
Rob B

25th Jan 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure about the water dripping but my car does the white smoke when its cold all the time its idling as does all my mates including a few type R's so the smoke i doubt is nothing to worry about but the water might be something differnt..
PaulW

25th Jan 06 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did you leave the engine just running for an hour???

more than likely just cos its cold & leaving it idle that long will fcuk the plugs up anyway & wont help get the cat to running temps, so will make it a bit steamy
Bullet Proof SRi

25th Jan 06 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your worried about the headgasket , go to a garage pay £10 and they will do a quick fluid test and tell you if it has gone or not
sumner2k3

25th Jan 06 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had just bought it and i left it ticking over for about half an hour as i was having a look under the hood to see if everything was sounding and running ok

New Poll