corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ABS light has come on now.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ABS light has come on now.....
Jules

User status: Offline
   24th Jan 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fricking car, get the speedo cable changed and the ECU clear of speedo cable related faults, driving it home and after about 10 mins the ABS light comes on

What does it mean? I've never had a car with ABS before so I'm guessing it means my ABS isn't working? So most likely a knackered sensor?

Cheers!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

24th Jan 06 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find a straight piece of road, clear of all traffic and people, and brake hard from around 20-30 mph. If the car locks up, ABS doesn't work, if it does work, the pedal will feel like its pumping your foot. Then go from there.
Jules

25th Jan 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas how to find out which sensor is knackered? Or is it just a case of "suck it and see" - Try one and hope for the best type thing?
Tiger_kpt

25th Jan 06 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can test each one using a Multimeter on your drive mate. Could be a knackered sensor. Could be something as simple as dirt/muck on your ABS driveshaft rings or that a sensor is still working but has worked itself loose in its mounting.
Jules

26th Jan 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, just been out in the car, ABS light was off for about 5-10 mins, I don't know if it's going over bumps that makes it come on or full left lock (Like I suspect) but once it's on the passenger side wheel will lock up under emergency stop type braking, with the ABS light off the ABS cuts in like normal.

So I'm guessing that the sensor on the passenger side is iffy - with a multimeter how do you test them? Resistance across the sensor?

[Edited on 26-01-2006 by Jules]
Jules

21st Mar 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still doing it - all sensors look clean enough.

When the ABS light is on does it cut all the ABS out or just on the affected wheel/sensor(s)?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Mar 06 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably a faulty sensor, check the rears too as they can get very dirty inside the drum.

abs on corsas is shite anyway, cuts in far too early. i prefer it without so i took the fuse and bulb out.

New Poll