corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » GSi fog light wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GSi fog light wiring
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
14th Dec 05 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey people...

Im stuck im after wiring up my Gsi fogs Lights Both of them and ive got the aux wiring kit and the Porber Vauxhall fog light switch...Ive done most of it but on the fogs which is the live and which is the earth theres a black wirer and a Brown one...
And when it comes to the vauxhall switch i know were it goes just above the rear fog light switch on the drivers side it just plugs in put...Im wondering how do u wirer that up..

Thanks

This is the wiring kit ive got:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8021598697&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

And the switch ive got:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4595304361&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

[Edited on 14-12-2005 by DaNnY_LaD]
DaNnY_LaD

14th Dec 05 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know!?
Wrighty

14th Dec 05 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i had a real ball ach trying to get that kit working with my front fog switch,unless you know what pins are what then your fooked like me

i went and got a simple toggle switch from a car shop,earth,live,switch pins,job done

oh and i didnt use the relay,just a simple circuit and it works so i arnt too fussed
DaNnY_LaD

14th Dec 05 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how do i wirer this im ive got a switch which i got with my interior neons of ebay ages ago

And on the fogs which is the live one and which is the earth
Wrighty

14th Dec 05 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs best investing a fiver in another switch,heres how i did it

get all ur wiring out etc,u wil probs need some more wires n that but who knows.

make the circuit under the bonnet to test it works,
you will need fogs earthed,and the 2 lives coming off,i joined these together and put them to the SWITCH terminal of my toggle switch,

live from battery to LIVE on switch,and then EARTHED the switch

then its just a case of installing it all alrite,routing wires n placing switch in dash

should work

ps doesnt matter about which is live and earth on fogs but u will need both fogs in a circuit for it to work

[Edited on 14-12-2005 by Wrighty]

[Edited on 14-12-2005 by Wrighty]
DaNnY_LaD

15th Dec 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone got a guide of how to do this with pictures

Thanks
DaNnY_LaD

15th Dec 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right this what ive done so far....

Ive Installed the Earth on the relay(Screwed it to the chassy) And then i fixed the relay to the chassy (Pictured)

Ive Hooked up the live wires on the fog lights and brought them back to the relay (Pictured)

I havent yet sorted the black wirer which i think is the earth???(Need Help On that)

Ive installed the Live wirer hooked it to to battery and there was already a fuse built in to it...Then i hooked it up to the relay (pictured)

This were i go clueless How do i wirer the switch up its a green wirer which i aint to sure about..Its say you plug it on to the relay then to the switch which ive tryed it dont't work then again ive only but the green wire on to the switch.(Pictured)

Ive got to type of switchs.
Prober Vauxhall one:

And this one:

I wont it so i can just turn them on with out the head/side light on

Help need people thanks
Wrighty

15th Dec 05 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ach why not do it how i told you and save yourself A LOT of hassle

unless ya know what pins do what on the GM switch its not going to work

Bypass the relay,you dont need it for a simple circuit,iv got a pic of a circuit i tryed but i dont think it worked and its not using a gm switch,not sure where it came from but cheers anyway

[Edited on 15-12-2005 by Wrighty]

New Poll