corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cue For Squeeling Fan Belt?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cue For Squeeling Fan Belt?????
Rocky

User status: Offline
   24th Nov 05 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I been told this is a commen fault with corsa b's anyways when i rev engine first thing in morning the fan belt starts squeeling like hell in other words either moisture or cold on fan belt is there anyway to stop this cause its doing my nut in when i go around corners or at stand still at traffic lights squeeling noise and everybody looking at me
ed

24th Nov 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a fault. It's because the belt hasn't been tightened.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rocky, if its 1.2 8v as it says in your gallery mate, its really easy, did it on mine about a month ago, basically where the alternator is, there is one bolt holding it to a bracket attached to the side of the engine block. Undo the bolt at the top of the alternator, push the alternator as far back as possible (probably best to lever it back to get it as tight as you can), thrn do it as best as u can. Then try to move the belt, the middle of it between the two pulleys should move about 8 to 10mm from its rest position. Hope this helps you mate!
ed

25th Nov 05 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lever the alternator back with a breakers bar
Jafster

25th Nov 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^
then tighten
ed

25th Nov 05 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and your car doesn't have a fan belt. It's the alternator belt...

New Poll