corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how do i tighten my fanbelt???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do i tighten my fanbelt???
corsa_fella

User status: Offline
8th Mar 05 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi fellas,
ive had ye olde corsa fanbelt squeekeee for a couple of weeks now and on me way home tonight when i start her up you can hear the belt slipping so i assume its getting bad???
is it time for a new belt or can i tighten this one back up? if so can someone tell me how please???
also just to let every one know ive just brought meself a honda civic 1.5i VTEC, its the nuts lots pland and pics will be up when the fun starts!

cheers
bradfincham

8th Mar 05 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually on the alternator,
the belt runs around the bottom pulley off the crank and the top runs around the alternator!
On mine its 2 13mm spanner job on the alternator adjustment, then leaver something in there to push it towards the bulkhead more tighten and jobs a gooden
Richie

8th Mar 05 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

talcum powder should do it
williams1.5

8th Mar 05 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea m8 like brad said. i used a metal bar as a lever to tighten the belt.just make sure the nut is done up tight when ur done else it will keep slipping and squeeling like a biatch
corsa_fella

8th Mar 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers brad nice one

New Poll