corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SBD Manifold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SBD Manifold
Corsa1600

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 05 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys
If i were to buy an SBD manifold for my 2000 1.6 sport, with sebring full system, would i have to get a decat section made speacially in order to fit the manifold? Also, is fitting all this likely to throw up any problems; putting lights on the dash etc?

I dont know exactly where the EGR comes into play and where the lamda sensor is situated? How would i get around these if they are problems?

Cheers guys
scottyevo

22nd Oct 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should'nt have a problem, is the sebring cat back? doese it come with a down pipe?
RobHayes

22nd Oct 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would need a custom made pipe (de-cat) as there is no flange on SBD manifold, there is also nowhere for the egr to connect to, and the lambda bolts in right at the end, near to where the cat end
Corsa1600

23rd Oct 05 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so there is somewhere for the lamda to go but nowhere for the egr to go? How would i get around this then? is this what people use blanking plates for or something? How does it work?

The sebring is a cat-back system yes, have been thinking about decatting for a while, if i get teh manifold it will make me get round to doing it!

Apart from the egr, there shouldnt be any other problems then yeah?
broster
Premium Member

23rd Oct 05 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the secondard air injection, just remove it and itll be fine! leave the elecrical plugs pluged in tho, just with no vacume lines going to them! keeps the eml off...
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Oct 05 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
its the secondard air injection, just remove it and itll be fine! leave the elecrical plugs pluged in tho, just with no vacume lines going to them! keeps the eml off...

as broster said

you will need to extend the wires for the lambda sensor as it will be positioned close to the gearbox mount area rather than the front near the radiator.

New Poll