corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FSE Boost Valve and Manifold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FSE Boost Valve and Manifold
littletriad

User status: Offline
9th Mar 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Has anyone got a FSE Boost Valve or what are your opinions on them.

I am buying a new manifold for my car but the 1.4 8v SPi manifold is wierd it ends in the engine bay instead of under the sump so i was wondering how I can get a performance manifold on?

LT
topshot_2k
Banned

9th Mar 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FSE boost valves are SHIT. they can over fuel your car and are just a gimmick unles you have mega tuned engine. as for manifold just get some s/s tube (same bore as manifold) and use it to attach the manifold to the rest of the system.

broster
Premium Member

9th Mar 04 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly its not really worth tuning the 1.4 spi engine im afraid, save you money for a 16v engine (1.4, 1.6 or 2.0ltr), or if this is not an option try a mpi 1.4 8v engine from a nova sri or a sri corsa.
the manifold will end in the engine bay on most,if not all corsas, then there is a down pipe, the exhaust manifold will take place of both of these bits. the fse boost valve is only really any use if you have modded ur engine.
i have a fse boost valve as my car was running lean, but my car still not running lean so i cant comment on them!
broster
Premium Member

9th Mar 04 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
FSE boost valves are SHIT. they can over fuel your car and are just a gimmick unles you have mega tuned engine. as for manifold just get some s/s tube (same bore as manifold) and use it to attach the manifold to the rest of the system.

i wouldnt say they are shit, but yeah you have to have a tuned engine really to gain from them. the performance manifold should mate up to the existing system no problems!
Gambit

9th Mar 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt waste any money tuning an SPi, i ran one for 2 years, they are slow - save your money & just drive it for a couple of years then sell it or do an engine conversion
topshot_2k
Banned

9th Mar 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates manifold (not on corsa) because he had custom exhaust didnt meet up very well so he just got some tubing same size/bore attached the 2 manifold and system and then sealed the joints.

IMO FSE boost valves not worth 100quid unless you got tuned engine. Some guys fiesta started to run rich after he fitted his.
broster
Premium Member

9th Mar 04 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well u can make ur car run rich with an fse valve, but if its set up correctly then it shouldnt run rich! the manifolds are made(mostly) to mate up with a standard system, i had no probs with mine fits standard cat easy!

New Poll