corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE Manifold and Exhaust

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE Manifold and Exhaust
philwarren11

User status: Offline
10th Jan 05 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be puttin an XE in my corsa soon and i was wondering about the manifold, i've read that it sits quite close to the ground and close to the anti-roll bar, i'll be gettin a full custom exhaust when the engine is in, but is there any companies that offer a 4-2-1 manifold for corsa conversions that i can get the exhaust fitted to?

What size bore should the exhaust be ideally? 2 1/4", 2 1/2" or 3''?

Cheers for the help.
Adam-D

10th Jan 05 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2" or 2 -1/4"
TOMAS

10th Jan 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd use 2.25" bore. So your getting a custom manifold made? The std manifold is stainless 4-2-1 and is good for 180/190 BHP.

Its not that close to the ground, its only as close as the sump so if your gonna hit the manifold your gonna wipe out your alloy XE sump...
deanmcreynolds26

10th Jan 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you also need spaces for the anti-roll bar!
philwarren11

10th Jan 05 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
you also need spaces for the anti-roll bar!

Yeah i know that.

I'd like to possible change the manifold as i'm gettin a custom pipe from the manifold, so i can get it all done at once.
TOMAS

10th Jan 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What manifold do you want instead and what is your state of tune? The std one is fine, SBD do a mild steel one for around £200 and Lexmaul £330. They only offer minor gains on a std engine but if you tune it a bit you'll see a lot more benefits from an aftermarket manifold.

SBD is same fitment as your std manifold so the rest of your system (manifold back) should just bolt upto the new manifold should you change it...
philwarren11

10th Jan 05 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks for that, the engine has had a bit of work, cams and will be prted and polished and probably chipped with the usual filter and exhaust. Is it worth it?

And who sells them?
TOMAS

10th Jan 05 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe not, considering SBD's mild one is £200 and lexmaul stainless is over £300! I'd say you should be fine with std manifold, just make sure the rest of the system is pretty free-flow to reduce back pressure slightly.

New Poll