corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » velos torq tube on a 2000 1.6 sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author velos torq tube on a 2000 1.6 sport
sheff_corsa

User status: Offline
8th Dec 03 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinkin bout gettin a torq tube guys and was just wonderin wot u guys think of em. also on the website it sez something bout pre 2000 models only , something about a plastic manifold or something. will it defo fit me car ? if not i'll be very pished off!
Greasemonkey

8th Dec 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got a metal manifold it will fit your car, its allot easier to fit to a sport 1.6 than a GSI 1.6 with plastic manifold as on the GSI you have to fit a lower inlet manifold from the 1.6Sport to get it to fit
sheff_corsa

8th Dec 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aahhhhh, sweet! is torq tube as good as mantzel cos you can get torq tube fitted for cost of mantzel .
Greasemonkey

8th Dec 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

torq tube gains about 2BHP less i think the only difference is cosmetic the mantzel just looks better nothing wrong with the torq tube plenty on here have them
Ed Renshaw

8th Dec 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gained 22bhp with my Velos Totq Tube - 2 bhp than what I was promised with the mantzel!!
Greasemonkey

8th Dec 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bloody good matey, rob tells me your after a pair of GSI head rests!!!! i got some
sheff_corsa

8th Dec 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will i get that sort of power without a unichip or owt .
Greasemonkey

8th Dec 03 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20BHP is without the chip mate, you do wanna get a unichip though thats my next purchase, so much better than a superchip, the velos and mantzel's power is high up the rev range 5000RPM up to about 7500Rpm so you will need to raise the limit to get the most from them, but fit some ARP rod bolts first to hold it all together at hight RPM
Ed Renshaw

8th Dec 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greasemonkey - yeah m8 I am!!
Greasemonkey

8th Dec 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if ya want them you can have them make me an offer LOL
Changed my GSI front seats for eeeerrrr better condition GSI seats, i took the old head rests out planning to do a rear head rest conversion but didnt fancy chopping holes in the rear bench in the end

New Poll