corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring/loom help (audio)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring/loom help (audio)
Forever_Hatter

User status: Offline
5th Apr 05 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok in the car..the person who had the vehicle before me has cut off the standard vauxhall headunit loom.............so all i have is like wire ends.

is there another loom further inside the dash which i can replace the cut wires with?

or will i need to take to a car audio shop and get them to wire it up?

all help is much appreciated

J
mjw_2k2

5th Apr 05 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as most of the wires needed are still there (coming out of loom) you will be ok
mobymaster

5th Apr 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a search and you will be able to find out which wires are connected to what. I remmeber seeing it recenlty
Forever_Hatter

5th Apr 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok kool so best not to go to hassle and just connect wires up as they but joined properly.

just wanted to make it like how it should be as pretty damn annoying.oh and plus im colour blind so will have to get someone to sort it

cheers guys
mobymaster

5th Apr 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Forever_Hatter
oh and plus im colour blind

This may be a problem.

Ive done all my ICE insides, forget paying someone to wire stuff in.
Have a go at it yourself, connect to the existing wires, unless your going to put a full new sound system in, then you dnt need to bother with the factory speaker wires. Power etc can be tapped from other sources
ash_corsa

6th Apr 05 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best to use the wires that are already there as they are on the specific fuse
use a multimeter to determine ur permanent live (12v), switched/ignition live and to find the earth use the continuity setting, testing between some bare metal of the chassis (door lock catch) and test each wire until it beeps!
also use the continuity setting to find the pairs of speaker wires then use a 9v battery on each pair of speaker wires and ul hear a pop from the speaker its connected to, telling u which speaker you have found (FL FR RL RR)

hope this helps!

New Poll