corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electirc's in a non-electric car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electirc's in a non-electric car?
Gaz

User status: Offline
10th Oct 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a corsa b (l reg) and i was wondering if my car will have the wireing in the car already as the SRi version has electic's (windows cenral locking etc)
If not can i just buy the kit from an sri and then put it in my car off my ECI and FUSE box?
Gaz

10th Oct 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone ? even veiws wil help me!!!!
corsa120

10th Oct 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would have thought most bits would have been there apart from the actual bits u need i.e. window mechanisms etc etc
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Oct 04 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the loom. Generally if it was a factory option the wiring is there but if not its not. Open the door and unclip the wiring harness. If two pins are connected then you only have audio going in there, if more then you need you are OK.

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by Ian]
corsa_lover

10th Oct 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have got a basic ls which didnt have nethin in and made my own loom its not hard buy a haynes and follow the diagram in there, for some reason scrappys will charge you a ton for the loom so save yourself some money just buy the buttons/ motors from the scrappys if you havent got the loom. Just 2 things ill say 1. colour code your wires coz if you get a problem with them you wont have a clue which wires gone wrong 2. buy some sort of connector for the buttons or its a pain in the arse to take your door card off, i used the power connector from pcs bought from maplin, if you need any help with wiring u2u me
morty

10th Oct 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian so your saying if say I have a gsi from the factory but didn't want leccy windows or mirrors(dont know why)the factory make a std gsi i,e with all the same looms but just minus the actual leccy windows and mirrors...So say I have a gsi without leccy windows and mirrors and wanted to fit them later I can just get the mechanisms and switches and fit them to the existing loom?

Hope so cos that is what situation im in at the moment.

Darren
Siberia

10th Oct 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its random wot loom you will have in your car..... my car is a 94 corsa B Merit... originally had a 1.2 8v engine but i changed this last week for a c16xe lump....

strange thing the merit corsa is suposed to be bottom of the range..my car only had 4 gears originally ... however it has central locking it had the 'green wire' so i could install a rev counter.... and i can hook leccy windows straight up to it to.......

strange

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by Siberia]
Cybermonkey

10th Oct 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Siberia, the general rule of thumb is that all Corsa's bar the merit's had the wiring looms for full electrics, and that included plugs for heated seats. I am also aware that some 1994 Merit's got LS wiring looms after a bit if mish-mashing on vauxhalls/opel's part. There was a shortage of 1.2 8v engines and many Merit's left the factory with 1.2 8v's from the Nova, which ran on carbs rather than fuel injection. This is why the Merit's had crappy loom's. But many Merit's were fitted with better looms a while after the proper fuel injected 1.2 was used. Hope that makes sense.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Oct 04 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, there's no hard as fast rule, quickest way is to check the door plug.
Gaz

10th Oct 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.4 "FLAIR" reckon that would have some wiring for it?
how hard is it to do (the acctually putting the kit in)
Cybermonkey

10th Oct 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i am almost certain you will have the full loom.
Gaz

10th Oct 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mucka ... now how much u reckon a scrappy will seelll me a full kit?
Cybermonkey

10th Oct 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a clue
Gaz

10th Oct 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BOOOOoooo nevermind will ask one of the firls in work tomoz (daddy's a vaux breaker )
corsa_lover

11th Oct 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid 40 for each motor and about 5-10 for the buttons

New Poll