corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Really Poor Brakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Really Poor Brakes
JonnyRebel

User status: Offline
   28th Mar 05 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,
After driving a mates car i have noticed how poor my brakes are. i have fitted new pads all round and a new set of disks on the front, however the brakes are still absolute b****x. you have to jump on the pedal for anything to hapen although there are brakes there! there is like resistance in the peddle when pressed :S any ideas folks

cheers John
Sam
Premium Member

28th Mar 05 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear brakes need adjusting.

I had the same problem on the Astra - pedal went to the floor basically, no leaks from master cylinder etc., got my garage to adjust the rear brakes and handbrake, and now I only have to slightly touch the pedal and the car stops, and the handbrake only goes up 4 clicks too!
Cybermonkey

28th Mar 05 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the fluid levels?
cs8uk_

28th Mar 05 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably have air in the hydralic system. when you changed your pads, did you remember to take the cap off the brake fluid resevoir?
if you didnt, when you pushed the caliper piston back in it will have caused a vacuum and caused air bubbles to form in the system.

New Poll