corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BRAKES having problems with them !!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BRAKES having problems with them !!!
GED2.0CORSA

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right folk hopefully someone will be able to help , right i have fitted 2ltr calipers to my car (bleed nipples at top) and ive bled both systems and still i have a spoungy pedal ???

please help as this is going to be the last straw if i cant get it sorted out
CorsAsh

23rd Jan 05 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have braided hoses? That's the first thing to try fitting.

The corsa pedal is always spongy, I got the valver brakes on mine, and theres still a fair bit of travel, but they do work
GED2.0CORSA

23rd Jan 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope i dont have braided hoses i didnt think that would make much difference but now thinkin about it the bigger cylinder in the caliper the more force to brake ??
Mistamist

23rd Jan 05 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

invest in a pressure bleeding system. they are about £15 from halfords, use the pressure from the spare tyre and a resevoir of brake fluid then undo the nuts individually and let the pressure push the fluid through the system, works pretty well. even a slight bit off air in the system will make the pedal feel spongy.
GED2.0CORSA

23rd Jan 05 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 from halfords cool does that do every valve individually or same time ??
GED2.0CORSA

23rd Jan 05 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much for braided hoses roughly ??
Mistamist

23rd Jan 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it pressureises the system so you can open the valves individually without pumping the brakes and withough having to top up the resevoir. essentially a 1 man method.
Will94

23rd Jan 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had this problem, jus loads of tiny tiny air bubbles in the system. Like others have said tho they always a bit spongy compared to others. If the pistons are bigger then u will need more travel to get the same effect, but as far as i know they should be the same. Some cavaliers take the same brake pads as corsa's u c so the calipers are almost identical.. most of the time its just the caliper mounting bracket that holds it further out so u can have a bigger disc.
As for the bleeding, its cheaper if ya can borrow a m8 for about 20mins and do it the old fashioned way!
Ant

24th Jan 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had this problem and am yet to get it sorted various people mechanics have tried bleeding there is no air in system, I just dont think the corsa cylinder has enough displacement to do the job (get a really firm pedal with no travel)

Nath

24th Jan 05 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the above sounds familiar. The brakes are good but the pedal feel is pretty poor.
GED2.0CORSA

25th Jan 05 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just my luck i went to halfords this mornin and sold out of this pressure system so no more news on the brakes but ....

i tested the brakes by taken both wheels off the deck and startin it up and engaging a gear and braking and it stalled the car !

New Poll