corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » throttle position sensor help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author throttle position sensor help needed
trisha corsa gsi

User status: Offline
17th Mar 05 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1994 corsa gsi and it failed mot on emissions so i had a diagnostic test or whatever and it said 02 sensor and coolant temp sensor so ive changed both of these and then when it was plugged in the day after it came up with throttle position sensor low volts but my car drives the same as it did the day before with cutting out and revvin a little high but it didnt bring it up the day before. will it defo be this as they say it will cost about 70 quid for a new one n i dont even know what it looks like or owt, please help. thanks
topshot_2k
Banned

17th Mar 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

faulty connections?? thriottle position sensor could cause erratic idling, its mounted within the trottle body just above the idle air control valve
topshot_2k
Banned

17th Mar 05 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know if it solves the problem cause i have the same symtoms
thanks
PaulW

17th Mar 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unplug it, clean the connector, spray a lil bit of WD40 on it & try again!
Greasemonkey

17th Mar 05 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im guessing this is a bird, without being sexist i carnt see her gettin a TPS off a throttle body on a corsa GSI to clean, lol, leave it too the experts or get a haynes manual and leave ya self a day to do it.
topshot_2k
Banned

17th Mar 05 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ why not? my bird has modded her mini cooper 1.3i 8v to 100bhp.

trisha corsa gsi

5th Apr 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i was driving down the road and i put my foot down n the acceleration just decreased to naf all looked under bonnet and the part where the accelerator cable goes onto the throttle body had just snapped off so ive got another throttle body wi all the trimmings off ebay n its still the same with the throttle position sensor low volts so it cant be something wrong with the sensor surely it must be something else causing the low volts, what do ya reckon

New Poll