corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16XE head on X16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE head on X16XE
RCS

User status: Offline
13th Mar 05 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the C16XE and X16XE bottom ends identical? I know the heads are different with all the EGR ports, but should a C16XE head go on a X16XE with no bother? Are the pistons the same size etc? Will compression ratio be affected by this if the pistons are a different size?
Cybermonkey

13th Mar 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

compression ratio is different between the two. C16XE is 11.0:1 while the X16XE is 10.5:1. Also, inlet and exhaust tracts are different I THINK.
James R

13th Mar 05 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The c16XE has the provision for EGR, just the TB plate that bolts to the inlet manifold blanks it off.
the head will bolt straight on and work.
the port designs are slightly different and partially acount for the extra power the early engine made.
RCS

14th Mar 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what will be affected if I run a X16XE bottom end with a C16XE head?
Greasemonkey

14th Mar 05 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need a C16XE ECU cos you will have to run an air flow meter, you will need a C16XE wiring loom to plug into the air mass meter and new ecu er a new manifold to get rid of the EGR stuff. It will run fine after this, i had a X16XE bottom end on my C16XE, the compression is due to the head not the bottom end as the stroke is the same on the two
AJBek

14th Mar 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, it is my bottom end he is thinking about buying, but we weren't sure if it would work with his head. If you are still interested mate PM me.
Rileysport

14th Mar 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
you will need a C16XE ECU cos you will have to run an air flow meter, you will need a C16XE wiring loom to plug into the air mass meter and new ecu er a new manifold to get rid of the EGR stuff. It will run fine after this, i had a X16XE bottom end on my C16XE, the compression is due to the head not the bottom end as the stroke is the same on the two

wouldnt NEED to run an afm, you could use map sensor and the x16 loom with egr disabled

New Poll