corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can anybody help???????, high ilde problem.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can anybody help???????, high ilde problem.....
Col004

User status: Offline
6th Mar 05 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ello peeps.... Just wondering if anyone on here has had the same problem as its doing my head in

I have a x16xe (corsa sport) and its fine from cold and fine when driving but now and again (Not all the time) when idling at light ect it idle's around 1400 rpm but there is no management light to tell me it could be any of the following, idle control valve, ecm, coolant temp sensor and so one.

Im just wondering if any of you guys could help.

Cheers

col
CoastalCorsa

7th Mar 05 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cured mine tonight i had my ecu plug in a vaux nothing shown they reset it to idle at 750 and they checked a few other sensors did not charge me thank god any way i was lookin at a vacuum pipe so i could tell some one where it goes an it turns out it had split so i replaced it an its been fine tonight it plugs onto the back of the engine just infront of the water bottle infact there should be two or three around that area good luck
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Mar 05 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it possible for vauxhall to set it to 750rpm?
mine idles at 1000rpm but its constant. just want it that bit lower
ryansss

7th Mar 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found mine was doing it loads when I first put a pipercross induction kit in. To much heavy foot in 1st and 2nd seems to cause it to rev higher when idle.
CoastalCorsa

7th Mar 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently the ecu can change there own settings ie if it thinks its putting to much fuel in it can programme itself to increase the amount of air it`s allowing in mine also ajusted its idle speed to 1450 so vaux changed it all back to standard
CoastalCorsa

7th Mar 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they tried to sell me a new ecu first wanting around 300 + inc labour charges i told em straight to g t f
CoastalCorsa

7th Mar 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am in lancashire m8 an i know of a company called home tune apparently this guy has travelling mechanics and they are proper good here is the guys numbawho works near me maybe he has colleagues in you area but like it says home tune they come to you and they are good 07973780712 he`s called paul
blackcorsa20

7th Mar 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa
just cured mine tonight i had my ecu plug in a vaux nothing shown they reset it to idle at 750 and they checked a few other sensors did not charge me thank god any way i was lookin at a vacuum pipe so i could tell some one where it goes an it turns out it had split so i replaced it an its been fine tonight it plugs onto the back of the engine just infront of the water bottle infact there should be two or three around that area good luck

i had the same problem.reved really high when the clutch went in then died down to normal when it hit about 2500.turned out to be the same hose.lol.must be a common fault.
adelcorsa

7th Mar 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is being an ass reving from normal just under 1 to over 2 k i need to get it sorted should i see vaux
Col004

7th Mar 05 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers people for all you advice. my egr valve has been on its way out for a while now so that may of kicked the bucket. im going to fit a new one then get the tech 2 to deleat any codes. also, i have a super chip to work with my mantzel, will this be affected by resetting codes and idle speed on the ecu?

thanks again peeps, and as above ill also check lekage of vacum pipes. cheers again everone
adelcorsa

8th Mar 05 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so with my prob it could be egr valve or idle control
Col004

8th Mar 05 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will be your egr valve like mine, i get my new one at half 10 today mate then ill be sorting it out, its been playing up for about 6 months now but when they go it just packs in so my advice would be get it done soon as. bridge pin 5 and 6 on the plug in your fuse area and if the flash codes give 1405 and 0400 then that is you egr valve mate.

col,

hope you sort it too

New Poll