corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head Gasket Problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head Gasket Problems?
Matty L

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 1.2 8v corsa which has recently had the head gasket fixed buy a private guy who was reccomemned by a friend.

Since the head gasket blew, and it being fixed its ran fine upto today.Apart from the odd strange noise coming from the engine....like the other day i was coming round a roundabout in 2nd going about 30 and i hear a very strange nose, like somthing is moving very fast and hitting i.e pistons

Anyway, today i went wales for a bit of go karting:cool, finding it very hard to keep up with my mates 1.2 16v punto....so not to lose him i had the pedal right down as far as it could go in 5th! thts when i start to here a very loud knocking noise! which is going at about 2000rpm or somthing! no overheating at this point, just a noise.

On way back the noise stopped for about 15 miles then it came back again! this time the engine cut out 3 times before completely stalling on m56! mates punto and sirerra are in front and have no idea! no credit to ring em.this time it overheated (just like when the headgasket blew) but now the battety is completely dead...even with a charge from RAC still nothing.Car is back with the guy who fixed the headgasket now!

[Edited on 03-01-2005 by Matty L]
PaulW

3rd Jan 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like he didnt fit the timing belt right (tooth or 2 out) or it weasnt tentioned, so the tapping could of been piston-slap & then if the belt was still loose, banging = pistons eating valves
Matty L

3rd Jan 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i ok pushing a 1.2 8v to the limit in 5th gear, i mean....im thinking it was made for the speeds so i should be able to
Adzy2k2

3rd Jan 05 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fastest i got out of mine was bout 100! i drive bout 250 miles a week on motorway in mine usually between 70 and 80 and has been fine so far! fingers crossed.
Matty L

3rd Jan 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this afernoon i was hitting 90 on the clock, but the speedo is out, it shows 40 when im hitting 30mph.I need a faster car, 44bhp is just not on to make it move u gonna rev the fook out of it...unless your a granny driver
Adzy2k2

3rd Jan 05 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know if u even try move it u waste so much petrol! and u still dont get anywhere fast!
My mate has got old nissan micra 998 and it does 110! bu he fooked about with his rev limiter as in there aint 1!
Matty L

3rd Jan 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been thinking

im rather selling it, or doing everything to it i.e...in this orderm dropping a 1.4 16v in, upgrading the suspention, sorting out the arches etc...i dont know wot to do though....i know it will be cheaper to just get another car/...but whats if tht has problems too plus, im rahter attached to the colour caribic blue now.
Adzy2k2

3rd Jan 05 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had that dilema to before my insurance was due, tho mine was keep the car and do styling for a year or two then get a new car, cos mechanically this 1 is fine. or risk getting a new one that has been ragged and is falling apart!

New Poll