corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Will this work?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Will this work?
Calum1577

User status: Offline
4th Dec 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys i got a headunit with only 2 pre outs but i want to run 3 amps. Question 1. If both subs are the same and both amps are the same will they both play together properly? Question 2. Can i run both amps off the same power cable? Question 3. Can i buy something to split my phono cables to allow the same pre out to run to both amps? Cheers folks
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Dec 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have two preouts, then you will have a front and back set. If one of the amps has an output, then i would use the back set of preouts from your HU into one amp (with the outputs) and then into the other, as the quality will be the same - whereas using a splitter will cause the HU more stress (has to up the output current etc etc).

If your amp doesnt have an output, then yea you will have to use a splitter.

And yes, the subs will work fine, aslong as there recieving the same signal and that they are set up correctly (same gains etc etc)

Dom

p.s - if you have 3 amps (two for the subs and one for the front comps?) then make sure that you use the correct preouts from the headunit ie: the back preout goes to the subs and the front preout goes to the amp for the comps etc

New Poll