corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Valver with Electric speedo help - SOLVED!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Valver with Electric speedo help - SOLVED!!!!
TOMAS

User status: Offline
18th Nov 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL so can anyone give me an answer to this besides changing to cable clocks and cable driven speed sensor?

Not sure how its going to effect my EPS coloumn cos last week when I ran without any speedo signal it screwed the power steering up - it was super light for 10mins then NO assistance thereafter so me nots liking that, driving along and it suddenly shutting down when your about to lick it round a bend is pretty scairy!!
Robertio_uk

19th Nov 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom....Dont Just Novas have any idea?
TOMAS

19th Nov 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they ever LOL ^ Took it to them to enquire about it and they sold me a transducer for £20 that didnt even work!! Looks as though im going to be sourcing me a set of cable clocks early next week!
Arnie

19th Nov 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Lee M. I think I had the same problem and he got it to work.
TOMAS

19th Nov 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure Lee said you can do it with Transducer but im yet to be convinced LOL. Im finding it MEGA hard to find some cable driven clocks with a Rev counter, cant live without knowing RPM - use it more than the speedo!

Placed tried and failed...

Megavaux
AllVox
All-Vauxhall-Spares
Just Nova/Corsa.
AJBek

19th Nov 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know what type the early corsa sport X16XE used, I am putting a C20XE in my corsa (R plate) but getting a quaiffe diff fitted just now to the box. I have ordered an F20 speedo ring, but if I need a different one tell me now. My car has an electric speedo, but normal hydralic power steering. I was told it used a mechanically drived transducer like the astra GTE, and the transducer would just bolt on to the F20 box and work. Can anyone confirm
TOMAS

20th Nov 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that sounds like the setup I have and the speedo does work - just gives out halft the speed of what your actually doing. I have std F20 with Astra GTE transducer and electric corsa speedo...

Serious I dont think there is a way to solve this other than to conver to mechanical Corsa GSi clocks and use a cable drive transducer...
Richie

21st Nov 04 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said to you before Tom, you need to bust open the gearbox and change the little wheels over. j1400 did it for me on my gearbox when i had an f15 installed that originally used a cable speedo but i had electric clocks used on an electric speedo f13, so all we did was change these little wheels over, put the electric sensor in the f15 and voila, speeeeedo reading fine
TOMAS

21st Nov 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeez so it looks like im 'busting open' the gearbox!! What a pain in the arse! so I need the 'little wheel' out of my F13? How much of a job is this considering the box in on the engine in the car...
Darren

21st Nov 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try vauxhall performance spares centre www.vpsc.co.uk
TOMAS

21st Nov 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For what Daz? - will they tell me what I have to do? SOO many conflicting theories, try a Nova SRI transducer im now told on MIG, its doing my NUT in!

Ritchie - I believe your method (as youve done it) but I really dont want to have to pull the box to pieces!
Darren

21st Nov 04 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I can see you got 3 options:

1. Take gearbox appart and fit the hall effect stuff
2. Fit mechanical dash - but then god knows how it will affect the EPS
3. Try the Nova transducer maybe - prob easiest option

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by Darren]
TOMAS

21st Nov 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Agreed on the tree options! I'll try the transducer off the Nova 1st, will try and ring Courtney and Cossvaux next week but last week neither of them were answering the phone!!

Cheers bud
AJBek

21st Nov 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just swap the electric speedo wheel from the F13 to the F20 like Ritchie had done to the F15, as the diff is different (F15 and F13 are the same, F20 isn't). You could have the F20 diff machined to make it fit, the easier option would be to get a hall effect trigger ring for a car with a hall effect speedo. I have been told the 2.0 Vectra has an F20 gearbox, and it uses a hall effect system. Incidently if you are interested the VX part number for the hall effect sender is GM90560032, I stripped the one out of mine today to check. I am going into VX tommorrow to try and order the correct trigger ring for the F20 diff.
City

21st Nov 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use astra gte digi dash thats what my mate did - 1 for sale in classifides also they look cool
broster
Premium Member

22nd Nov 04 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know you can do it as joffs getting it done im sure!!!!
TOMAS

23rd Nov 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spent 2hours down my local Vaux breakers in Notts trying different transponders. I tried allsorts and the one that works is out of a 1.2 8V (late 8V) corsaB with electric clocks

Me a happy bunny now... CANT wait to see what she tops out at later on my private road...
Darren

23rd Nov 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done
X 60RSA

23rd Nov 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was your rev counter hopping all over the place like mad, mine still is........
TOMAS

23rd Nov 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope - I had the wrong transponder and was reading the wrong speed. Its always been smooth? Its now got the correct transponder and im back in the fast lane so to speak! LOL Are yours electric or cable dials?
AJBek

23rd Nov 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TOMAS. great news mate, I have been phoning round all the VX tuners, Courtney were checking it out for me, but if you have figured it out then that is even better. Did the transponder just plug into the mechanical speedo drive on the F20, and did the wiring connector fit? What was the age of the car you got it out of, I will go inot VX tommorrow and order the correct transducer.
AJBek

23rd Nov 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there wasn't another of those transducers there by any chance was there, or failing that could you give me the part no.

[Edited on 23-11-2004 by AJBek]
TOMAS

24th Nov 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I dont think there was another transducer. Couldnt tell age of car as it had a massive front and rear ender so no plates

Courteney didnt have a CLUE! Was on there premium cost technical advice line for 20 mins!! Couldnt get in touch with Cossvaux as they not answering the phone, just Nova's had no idea!!

Car was a 1.2 8V in that metallic orange colour, with electric dials (K-clocks) (so guessing its a late 8V). The plug just simply screws onto the F20 Speedo drive (the bit that bolts into the box with a 10mm bolt) and then I connected the 3-pin plug from my factory wiring straight into the top of it. Speedo working good, had it off the clocks (130mph) lastnite on my private road
AJBek

24th Nov 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, so do you reckon any of the 1.2 8Vs with the electric clocks will have thr same set up, this seems by far the best set up, much better than changing the clocks

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by AJBek]
TOMAS

24th Nov 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say they have. I'd get a quote first from Vaux as I can imagine they prob charge £60+ for this part, whereas I paid £10 from my breakers where I know all the guys. I'd imagine they all use the same one - Vaux wouldnt want to introduce diffo parts on same model (keep costs down).

I believe they can bring up a part No and list ALL the cars it was available on, thats what they dis for my altenator the other week - they listed every car/model it came on.

If your really struggling to find one get in touch cos we have about 4 GOOD vaux breakers in my area...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll