corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » aaaahhhhhhhhhh! OIL LEAK!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author aaaahhhhhhhhhh! OIL LEAK!
sim0ng

User status: Offline
11th Nov 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a damn oil leak and it looks bad :'( 1 week away from the damn MOT aswell! does this look easy to get repared and would it cost much?

topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like your rocker cover gasket matey, mines leaking abit too, they cost a few quid from vauxhall and you can fit it in not long at all

undo them 8 bolts, disconnect hose, remove old gasket, clean up, add new gasket, replace rocker cover.

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by topshot_2k]
sim0ng

11th Nov 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okees, I'm about to go out to an interview for mah new job, WISH ME LUCK! and I'll pop into a salvage yard and see if I can get one 2nd hand and fit it in the week end.

CHEERS!
Greasemonkey

11th Nov 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOnt use a second hand gasket it will 99% leak also need a new one, but matey the leak wont mean ya fail ya MOT
steve101

11th Nov 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get them brand new for a couple of quid - got mine for 2.68+VAT, just do as topshot said, take off the bolts, remove the old one, and clean up the rocker cover and base and slap the new one on as obvious!

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by steve101]
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ USE a NEW gasket, only like a couple of quid i think.
James R

11th Nov 04 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also be careful when you remove the old as, cause I know someone that dropped some of his in to the engine and it blocked the oil pump :s (but it was a cork one)
MJ

11th Nov 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a leek aswell and it was the o ring around the distrubutor, replace that as well only £1
sim0ng

11th Nov 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i figued that out now..... i never put a car thro an mot before, last car i had i kept for 7 months and the guy who owned it before me MOT'd it just before i got it.

I been into a garage and asked them how much it would be for a new one,they said about £5 and then about £10 fitting, they have tighen't the one I already got in up and have given it a clean and told me to come back on monday if the oil has appeard again!

New Poll