corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » still havin engine problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author still havin engine problems
Robertio_uk

User status: Offline
15th Nov 03 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, just been drivin about and saw my oil light fashin as i was idle. so when i got home i checked the oil and i still had a 1tlr in as i only put it in a few days ago. and before that was last saturday. so within a week 2ltrs have gone in.
but as i was loking around the engine bay, i noticed oil comin from my engine (pic below)

There is also an ticking noice comgin fromthe top part of my engine bay (where it leads to my air filter)

Does anyone know wot this could be??? i think it could do with the fact that i just need to change my oil and flush it all out which i am doin tomorrow but just making sure it couldnt be anything else

Cheerz
Robert

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Robertio_uk]
Cybermonkey

15th Nov 03 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like oil starvation and your hydraulic tappets being left dry. I cant see the pic, but a new rocker gasket might be in order
Robertio_uk

15th Nov 03 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that costly? could i do it myself or wud a garage need to do it??
pics coming online now
Cybermonkey

15th Nov 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be just a case of unbolting the rocker cover and fitting a new gasket after removing old one. Clean away the oil you see now and look for fresh oil the next day/week. Then you can be sure its this. Also look for oil patches on your drive, and check the sump for any leaks.
rallyjohn

15th Nov 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SORY BUT YOUR PISSING UP THE WRONG TREE THERE WITH THAT MINOR LEAK.TO USE 2LTRS IN A WEEK ITS A BIT MORE INVOLVED,WON'T BE STEM SEALS, AND WITHOUT A MAJOR LEAK YOU PROBABLY LOOKIN AT RINGS AND ALWAYS THE POSSABILITY OF FURTHER DAMAGE CAUSED BY LOW OIL PRESSURE/STARVATION
Robertio_uk

15th Nov 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get majour oil leaks on my drive way, just small, about 1inch big. what i will do is change my rocket gasket, and flush the oil out and put new old in and cleanthe engine abit andd see what happens
ainsley_brader

15th Nov 03 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AS john said 2ltrs would be a very major leak, the leak in your picture is negligible.
How many miles do you do in a week to use 2 ltrs?
Robertio_uk

15th Nov 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt use that many miles, about 250 the most.
jus got a touch, and looked under the car and theres plenty of oil under there but agan i dont know if its old or new but to me it looks new as its easy to wipe

New Poll