corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help! engine warning light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help! engine warning light
Diff

User status: Offline
1st Nov 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know i should really go to a garage or vauxhall, as the manual says, but before i go rinsing all this money away.....any ideas why the light is on.....i know its a broad question but any past experience, ideas for areas to check.....any advice would be great...., if it helps, have just had my car lowered and cat back system done?......cheers
Greasemonkey

1st Nov 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what year is ya corsa dude
Diff

1st Nov 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah it would have helped...its a 1.6 16v sport 1999...
Greasemonkey

1st Nov 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh im afraid ya carnt find out the fault code on your car its too new, if it was before R-reg ya stick a paperclip in the plug next to the fuse box and it flashes the ECU light in morse code (really) and tells ya whats wrong, what are the symptoms hows it running
Diff

1st Nov 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

running ok but....i had wrong springs sent and fitted to my car, gsi 40mm springs so its down 55mm, and there this really strange creaking noice wheni pull away....really loud? don't know if it could by my new exhaust either.....just read about the idle valve....mine rev between 1 -2 when i stop so it says to give it a clean? hopefully its that..
Greasemonkey

1st Nov 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats whats wrong buddy the ICV, total bitch to get to on a X16XE engine, if ya not confident with cars take it to the experts bt if you are then do it. Springs have nothing to do with it, neither does exhaust
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Nov 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is changing/cleaning the ICV a hard job then? how long would it take? mines has the same revving problem when its been running for bout 20mins
Greasemonkey

1st Nov 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it can be man, the haynes says ya have to remove the starter motor, header tank top inlet manifold throttle body the lot to get to it but i have managed it by moving the header tank out the way taking the cam cover off, removing the battery and unbolting the fuel feed and return on the fuel rail, its tight but possibly possible, yours being an X16XE a might have to move secondary air pump piping etc to get close
Diff

1st Nov 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers greasemonkey...not to good with cars so better get it booked in with the mechanic then....
Greasemonkey

1st Nov 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont be cheap mind, they charge about £25 to tell ya what the faul codes are then its £75 for the Idle Control Valve and about £100-£150 to fit it
Diff

1st Nov 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might have put a hold on the future mods and get this sorted though......unless you fancy the job!lol!

New Poll