corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battrery Drainage help ?!?!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battrery Drainage help ?!?!?
WEERED1200

User status: Offline
28th Sep 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any help greatly appreciated....

I have a '99 12 16v corsa. when I switch off the iginition the alternator warning light stays illuminated and the next morning the battery is completly dead.

I have checked the alternator with a multimeter and it is charging the battery fine.

Maybe this is nothing but when I play with the controls (wiper stalks and that) the alternetor warning light seems to brighten up a little. and with the engine running the heater fan does not work.

I have puled every fuse in the fuse box and checked em and also looked to see if the alternator light goes out as I pulled each one but no joy.

Can anyone help ??

[Edited on 28-09-2003 by WEERED1200]

[Edited on 28-09-2003 by WEERED1200]
and-m

28th Sep 03 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old is the battery
WEERED1200

28th Sep 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery is 100% tried a different one. made no difference
WEERED1200

28th Sep 03 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alternator was charging the battery ok till 10 minutes ago when it started to produce lots of smoke, multimeter was showing 13.6Volts then dropped to 11.8 followed by lots of smoke and Me trying to find a 10 spanner to disconnect the battery

. Guess I found My problem

Now I need another alternator £££
TOMAS

29th Sep 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have switched off the engine, that would have stopped it. Mate I can get you a new altenator for approx £45 from Allvox, second hand unit but they will guarentee it for some time after purchase. I too have a 1.2 16V with A MASSIVE amount of ICE, im going to Allvox today cos the bloke thinks I may be able to squeeze a 100/120A altenator off a V6 on my lump...

New Poll