corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head gasket, oil port positions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head gasket, oil port positions?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
30th Oct 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My XE is burning oil, im sure its not the stem seals as when i leave the car over night, oil has plenty of time to run down the stems if they are shot, when i strike up in the morning, no smoke at all!

I'm not sure how the block/head oil ports are designed, maybe one of my oil ports is leaking into 1 or more of the cylinders? God knows, anyone shed any light?
miles

31st Oct 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very unlikely.

Most probably worn rings, do a compression test.
X 60RSA

31st Oct 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'll have to get one done, i have oil seeping from the head gasket, but i'm using no water, temeprature gauge is fine and there no oil in the water header tank. If its worn rings then i shall just have to keep topping up the oil until next year when i buy another engine to rebuild or take the one out i have at the moment.

New Poll